Store Owner User Role and Permissions
The Store Owner is the master user for your entire BigCommerce account. It is the first user account created when you start a new store and is granted all administrative permissions.
Permissions Exclusive to the Store Owner
Only the Store Owner can:
- access to all areas of the control panel and can change all settings
- access to your BigCommerce billing and account details
- access to your support PIN
- change your store's subscription plan
- purchase a BigCommerce SSL certificate
- purchase themes in the Themes Marketplace
- purchase, install, remove, and review apps from the App Marketplace
- preview a store before it's launched
- launch a store
Determining Which User is the Store Owner
Unless you've changed it, the Store Owner email address is the same address you used to create your trial store and BigCommerce account.
If you are not sure if you are the Store Owner, go to Account Settings › Users. The Store Owner's email address will be listed as owner under User Role.
If you don't see Account Settings or Users in the navigation, your user account has not been granted permission to access those areas and are not logged in as the Store Owner.