Getting Started with the Control Panel
The control panel is your store's command center. It's where you can:
- set up, configure, and launch your store
- manage orders, products, and customers
- change your store's theme and customize its design
- access sales and marketing reports
- and more...
- The View Store link will open your live storefront in a new window/tab. Both the Dashboard link and the BigCommerce logo will return you to your control panel's dashboard. The Search field will search through your store's products, orders, and customers. If you click the collapse button (« ), the navigation will slide to the left, giving you more room for the current page you're on. Click it again (») to expand it.
- Navigation links (like orders, products, customers) are listed top to bottom on the left of the screen. Click these links to go a level deeper and access more options. Depending on your screen size, it may be necessary to maximize your browser window, set your browser's zoom to 100%, or scroll in order to see all links in the left navigation.
- Click Log Out to securely log out of the control panel when you're done making changes. If you're a user that has access to more than one BigCommerce store, you'll see a Change Store link, which lets you switch between stores without having to log out and log back in.
- The Help tab at the bottom of the left navigation shows your store's Support PIN (if logged in as the store owner). Click to expand the tab and access some helpful resources, like:
- Support Portal — help documentation, videos, and guides to help you learn and use BigCommerce; the site you're on now
- Community Forum — ask questions, find answers, submit ideas, stay informed and make connections to scale your business
- BigCommerce University — video series to walk you through building, managing, and growing a successful online business with BigCommerce
- Email Support — create a new support case
- Live Chat Online/Offline — when available, this starts a new chat support session
- Getting Started — a checklist of key tasks to get your store up and running. In place of the Dashboard, it's shown for new stores before they're launched and remains available here post-launch.
- The Dashboard is the homepage of the control panel. It displays notifications for store events and includes sections for Store Performance, Store Statistics, Orders, and Spotlight.
The top of the dashboard shows notifications and store alerts/events like new order messages and pending reviews.
Store Performance — This section shows how your store data is trending over time. You can view store metrics for the current day, week, month or year, and compare data from the currently selected time period to the previous time period (e.g. March to February) or year (e.g. March 2017 to March 2016).
Switch from Overview to Channels View to see performance data broken down by channel:
|Name of Channel||Order Source(s)|
|Storefront||iPad, mobile, SocialShop, iPhone, Android, www|
|Facebook Checkout, Facebook Shop|
View Trailing Dates — Enabling this setting will give you the ability to see revenue for today and the previous 6 days, instead of the current week (structured Sunday through Saturday). View Trailing Dates works with the Week, Month, and Year time periods, and with both Overview and Channels View.
For example, if View Trailing Dates is enabled while viewing Week data, it will show today's date and the previous six days. If disabled, it will show Sunday through Saturday of the current week, regardless of the current day.
|Trailing Dates ON||Trailing Dates OFF|
Show Table Data — This setting shows all key metrics (Visitors, Conversion Rate, Orders, Revenue) by day/month in a table format. The Week and Month views have a row for each day, and the Year view has a row for each month.
Store Statistics — This section shows your store’s all-time totals for orders, customers, products, and categories.
Orders — This section shows your store’s most recent orders. In addition, you can toggle to see the most recent orders with a pending, completed, or refunded status. View more links to your store’s full orders list.
Spotlight — This section highlights news and announcements to help you grow your business. Our algorithms are being constantly improved to make the information here increasingly relevant to your business.
Permission is required view Store Performance and Statistics data. To see Store Performance data in the dashboard, your user must have the Store Overview Report (stores using BigCommerce Analytics) or the Store Overview (stores using Classic Analytics) permission enabled. To see Store Statistics, your user must have at least one of the following permissions enabled: Manage Products, Manage Orders, Manage Customers, Manage Categories.
Customizing the Dashboard
Each section can be turned on/off and reordered using the gear icon in the top right. Each user can customize their own dashboard without impacting the others.
To show/hide a section, click the checkbox next to it.
To move a section, click and drag the grip icon to the right of the section name.