Getting Started with the Control Panel
The control panel is your store's command center. It's where you can:
- set up, configure, and launch your store
- manage orders, products, and customers
- change your store's theme and customize its design
- access sales and marketing reports
- and more...
- Both the Dashboard link and the BigCommerce logo will return you to your control panel's dashboard. The Search box will search through your store's products, orders, and customers.
- Notifications and store events (e.g. order messages, pending reviews, test mode warnings) are listed under Events on your control panel's dashboard.
- Navigation links (like orders, products, customers) are listed top to bottom on the left of the screen. Click these links to go a level deeper and access more options. Depending on your screen size, it may be necessary to maximize your browser window, set your browser's zoom to 100%, or scroll in order to see all links in the left navigation.
- Help shows you your Support PIN (if logged in as the store owner) and provides links to the BigCommerce Support Portal, Community Forum, Email Support, and Live Chat. Live Chat is selectable only when there are available chat agents, and will display as Online or Offline. Getting Started is a checklist of key tasks to get your store up and running. It's shown for new stores before they're launched and is available here post-launch.
- User Actions, like Update profile, Change password, and Log out are listed under your store and user name at the bottom of the left navigation. Click the arrow to expand the menu. If you are logged in as the store owner user, your store's Support Pin is also displayed. Click your store name to open your store's homepage in a new tab.