To use the Facebook Ads Extension app, you'll need to first set up Facebook in Channel Manager. The data from the products and collections created when importing your products into Facebook Shop is used to generate ads.
Installing the Facebook Ads Extension App
Setting Up the App
1. In the app, click Get Started. A new window will open to continue setting up Facebook Ads Extension. Click Next to begin the set up process.
Facebook's advertising tools might not work as expected when an ad blocker is enabled in a web browser. Turn off the ad blocker or add this web page's URL as an exception so you can create ads without any problems. After you turn off the ad blocker, you'll need to refresh your page.
2. Choose the Facebook page for your business. If you only have one Facebook page, it will be selected automatically. Click Next.
3. The app will automatically create a tracking pixel for your store and install it. Click Next.
4. The app will show the number of products found in your inventory. Click Finish to complete setup.
Create a Campaign
1. Go to Apps › Facebook Ads Extension and click Manage Inventory.
2. Click Create Ad. You'll be forwarded to Ads Manager in your Facebook business account.
3. For What's your marketing objective?, select Promote a product catalog. Below that, Facebook will use the product catalog detected when you installed the app. Optionally, you can modify the campaign name (useful if you end up running multiple campaigns/objectives). Click Create Ad Account.
Confirm Ad Account Info
Confirm your account country, currency and time zone, then click Continue.
Configure the Ad Set
Check the box next to your store name's pixel to associate it with your catalog, then click Save, then Okay.
Products — select the store collection you want to promote, or select All Products.
Audience — specify who you want to promote your products to, based on visitor behavior.
Placements — specify which devices (e.g. mobile, desktop) and platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram) your ads will be shown to.
Budget & Schedule — specify how much you want to spend, and when you'd like your ads to appear.
Ad Set Name — You might name it based on something like the audience, scheduling, or the products in it.
When you're done configuring your Ad Set, click Continue.
Did you know? You can create new collections and modify existing ones. In Facebook, go to your Shop page, then go to Publishing Tools › Shop › Collections.
Ad Format / Page & Links
On the next page, you can choose the Format for your ad (carousel or single image) and further customize how your ads will appear (e.g. ad headline text, website URL, descriptive text). The Ad Preview section will show you how your ad will look on different platforms and in different feed contexts.
When you're finished, use Review Order to confirm the details of your order, then click Place Order when you're ready to finalize and pay for your order. Facebook allows you to pay by credit/debit card, PayPal, or online via your bank account.
Creating a Facebook Pixel
These steps show you how to create a Facebook Pixel in the Facebook Ads Manager. If you've already created a pixel, skip ahead to Installing the Facebook Pixel.
1. Go to your Facebook Pixel tab in the Facebook Ads Manager.
2. Click Create a Pixel.
3. In the pop-up that appears, enter a name for your pixel. You can have only one pixel per ad account, so choose a name that represents your business. Then, check the box indicating that you have read and agree to the Facebook Pixel Terms.
4. Click Next to continue and begin installation.
Installing the Facebook Pixel
Once you've successfully created your Facebook Pixel, it will need to be installed.
1. Go to your Facebook Pixel tab in the Facebook Ads Manager if you are not there already.
2. Click Use an Integration or Tag Manager. If you do not see this option, click the Set Up Pixel button.
3. Click BigCommerce.
4. Scroll down to Step 2 and copy your Pixel ID.
5. In your BigCommerce control panel, go to Advanced Settings › Web Analytics.
6. Enable Facebook Pixel by selecting it and saving. Then click the Facebook Pixel tab.
7. Paste the Pixel ID into the Pixel ID field, then Save your changes.
Going forward, you will be able to track how many sales are made as a direct result of your Facebook ads through your Facebook Ads Manager.
Q: Can I change the currency?
- By default, the currency parameter is set to your Facebook ad account’s currency, so if you don’t specify any, this is what Facebook will use.
Q: Why is my pixel status not updating?
- It may take up to 20 minutes for your pixel status to change after installing it.