Social Media Links
By providing links to your social media accounts, you can encourage shoppers to follow you and share your business and products with their own friends and followers. This can increase your reach when marketing new products, announcing sales, or special events. You can include links to your different social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram) on your storefront. These are typically displayed in your store's footer but the location may vary depending on your theme.
Adding and Linking a Social Media Icon
Go to Storefront › Social Media Links and scroll down to the Social Media section. To enable an icon, click and drag it from the Available Networks list at the bottom of the page to the Live on your Storefront list above it. Only 6 icons may be enabled at one time.
Enter the URL of your social media account in the field labeled Paste link.To change the order, drag the active icons up or down in the list. You can remove icons by clicking the X to the right of the icon.
Supported Social Media Platforms
- RSS feed (for blogs or newsfeeds)
The location and colors of the icons can be adjusted to best suit the design of your storefront. Most Stencil themes have the ability to adjust icons with the Stencil Theme Editor.
Don't see the color options? Every Theme Editor has a different layout. It may be under a different section, labeled differently or included in text or link colors.
In some themes, like Cornerstone, you can adjust the location of the icons in the footer in the Theme Editor. If the option is not available in Theme Editor, the location of the social media icons can be changed by editing Stencil Theme Files. If you need help with this, check our BigCommerce Community Ask a Design Partner Group.
Adding Social Media Icons to the Bottom of Your Emails
To help promote your brand, you can include links to your social media sites on every email sent to shoppers.
1. In the BigCommerce control panel, go to Storefront › Email Templates and click the + icon to the left of Snippets.
2. Click Action › Edit to the right of EmailFooter.html.
3. Place your cursor after %%GLOBAL_ShopPathNormal%%/, then press Enter or Return.
4. Click the Insert/Edit Image button.
5. Click Browse, then select the social media icon image from your computer.
7. Click Insert.
8. Click the social media icon image to select it, then click the Insert/Edit Link button.
9. Enter your social media page's URL in the Link URL field, then click Insert.
Don't feel comfortable adjusting your design or want to work with an expert? Check out our BigCommerce Partner Directory or ask your question in the Community Ask a Design Partner Group for assistance. Due to our Design Policy, our Techincal Support is unable to edit code or make design changes.
- In the Theme Editor, some themes allow you to hide the social media icons by setting the location to 'None' or 'hide'. Set a location for the social media icons to appear.
- To enable social sharing of products, you will need to go to the Share Settings. The social media links do not enable shoppers to share products or blog posts.
- Selling products through social media is handled in another area of the control panel. See Selling Everywhere with Channel Manager.