Creating a Manual Order
Manual orders can be created on behalf of a new or existing customer for which payment has already been arranged. For example, a customer that has paid cash in person, or has given you their credit card information over the phone.
You can manually enter your customer's credit card information to process the order if a non-hosted payment gateway has been set up. See Available Payment Gateways for a list of supported non-hosted gateways.
Creating a Manual Order
Entering the Billing Details
1. Select if the order is for a New or Existing Customer.
For a New Customer, enter their email address, and fill in their billing information. Specify a password if you want to create an account for them or leave the password fields empty to check them out as a guest.
For an Existing Customer, type their name, email address or company name in the Search field, and a list of customers will appear for you to select from.
Once selected, a list of available billing addresses will appear on the right side of Billing Information. Click Use this address to populate the billing information form with the customer's saved address.
2. Click Next to continue the manual order process.
Adding Items to the Cart
1. Click the Browse Categories button to locate the products you wish to add. Alternatively, you can use the Search field to search by product name or SKU.
Use the Add a Custom Product link to add a product or service that is not in your product catalog. For example, you could use this to add a $10 convenience fee for a special delivery.
2. Click a category name and a list of all the products in that category will appear in the lower window. Alternatively, you can use the Search by Product Name field to search by product name or SKU. Click Select to add the item to the cart.
3. If the product has options, a customize window will appear. Options can be selected in the Options tab while the price and quantity can be changed in the Basic Details tab. When you're finished, click Add Item to add the product to the cart.
Use the Action menu to Customize, Copy, or Delete items that have been added to the cart.
4. Click Next to continue the manual order process.
Entering the Shipping Details
1. Specify the destination using one of the following options:
- Billing Address Specified — Choose this if the shipping address is the same as the billing address.
- New Single Address — Choose this if the order is being shipped to a different location.
- New Multiple Addresses — Choose this if the order is being shipped to more than one location.
Use the Custom option to add a custom shipping method and specify its cost.
Finalizing the Order
1. Review the billing, shipping, and cart details.
3. Enter any comments or staff notes by scrolling down to the Comments and Notes section. Comments are visible on invoices while Staff Notes are only visible in the control panel and are not seen by customers.
4. Choose the payment method from the drop-down menu in the Finalize section. If you select a payment gateway, you'll be given fields to enter the credit card information. If you choose an offline payment method, you'll get a field to enter a description. Regardless of the payment method, you'll have the option to email an invoice to the customer.
5. When you are finished, click Save & Process Payment.