Giving Customers a Store Credit
- to reward customers for their business
- to encourage sales during certain periods
- to offer compensation for a poor experience
Giving Customers Store Credit
1. Go to Customers › View, and locate the customer you'd like to give store credit.
2. Enter the amount of credit to be applied to the customer's account in the Store Credit column, then click Save.
Will the customer be notified? Applying credit to a customer's account does not automatically notify them that they have received the credit.
Paying with Store Credit
To apply store credit to an order when checking out, a customer must first log in to their account. Depending on your theme, once logged in, they will see their available store credit listed in the top menu bar of your homepage or when logged into their account.
Top menu bar example:
Can store credit be used with manual orders? Store credit cannot be applied when creating manual orders in the control panel. If necessary, you may apply a discount to the order, then manually update the customer's store credit amount after processing the order.
When that customer then goes to check out, they will be given the option to use their store credit to pay for their order or to use an alternative payment method and save the store credit for a future purchase.
Checkout showing store credit being used: