What We'll Cover
Creating a Web Content Page
1. Go to Storefront Content › Web Pages, then click Create a Web Page.
You can change the order in which your web page links are shown in your menu by dragging & dropping them into the order you want. You can also nest them beneath a parent page by dragging the page to the right until it indents.
2. For This Page Will, select Contain content created using the WYSIWYG editor below.
3. Name the page. This name will show in your navigation menu.
If you have a specific URL you'd like the page to use, you can change it in Page URL. By default, the page URL is generated automatically based off of the Page Name (best for SEO).
4. Add any information, message, or pictures you'd like to include in the Page Content section. The Page Content section has the same functionality as the WYSIWYG Editor in your product pages.
5. After adding your content, scroll down to Navigation Menu Options. You can specify if this page will be shown in the navigation menu. You can also make it a "subpage" by selecting a Parent Page.
6. Save your changes.
Linking to Another Website or Document
1. For This Page Will, select Link to another website or document.
2. Name the page, then enter the URL it will link to. In this example, we're naming the page BigCommerce and linking it to the BigCommerce homepage.
3. Save your changes.
Creating a Contact Form
Built-in Contact Form
1. For This Page Will, select Allow people to send questions/comments via a contact form.
2. Enter the Page Name. In this example, we're naming the page Contact Us.
3. Add any information, message, or pictures you'd like to include in the Page Content section. This content will display above the contact form.
4. In Email Questions to, enter the email address you want the contact form delivered to.
The contact form can only be sent to one email address by BigCommerce, but you can use an email client to set up a filter if you need to send to additional email addresses.
5. Under Show These Fields, check on the boxes to the left of each field you want to include in your contact form.
6. Select your preferred Navigation Menu and Advanced options.
7. Save your changes.
Third-party contact forms
1. Using a custom form builder, create your form and copy the Embed code.
2. When creating a web page, for This Page Will, select Contain content created using the WYSIWYG editor below.
3. Name the page, then click the Edit HTML Source button in the far right of the WYSIWYG editor toolbar.
4. Paste the embed code you got from your form provider, then click the Update button.
5. Save your changes.
Recommended custom form builders
- Page Title
- Meta Keywords
- Meta Description
- Search Keywords
- Template Layout File
- Display as Home Page
- Restrict to Customers Only
- Sort Order
Keep in mind best practices on length and structure when authoring details about your product like the page title and meta description. See our article on Page Titles and Meta Descriptions for industry standard advice and tips.
This field specifies a page title to be used as the HTML title tag. Your page title should include keywords people might search for to find this page. Leave this field blank to use the page's name as the title.
This field specifies the keywords that will appear in the HTML meta-keywords tag. Enter terms separated by commas.
This field specifies the description that will appear in the HTML meta description tag. You'll want to have a clear and concise meta description. While not specifically a search engine ranking signal, it's still important that the descriptive text below your link be enticing to searchers.
Not to be confused with Meta Keywords, Search Keywords are used when customers search from within your store. The search keywords are optional, but if entered will be used to assist people when searching your pages. Enter keywords separated by commas.
Template Layout File
Advanced users can create an alternate template layout file to use instead of the default one. If you've done this, you can select the layout file here.
Display as Home Page
If you tick this box, then this page will be displayed as the home page of your store. When this box is not ticked, then the default home page containing new products, featured products and the carousel will be displayed instead.
Restrict to Customer Only
If you tick this box, this page will only be accessible to customers who are logged in to your store.
The order in which this page will be displayed in the navigation menu. A lower number will move it up in the navigation while a higher will move it down. Negative numbers may be used.
- Web Pages Overview
- Using the WYSIWYG Editor
- Creating Contact and Content Pages | BigCommerce University