Troubleshooting | "Add to Cart" Button Missing
The Add to Cart button is configured to display when your store and products are set to allow purchasing. If you notice that the button is missing, check the following causes to make sure everything is set up correctly.
Button Missing from Every Product
If every product is missing the Add to Cart button, make sure:
- at least one payment option is set up (See Online Payment Methods)
- Allow Purchasing is enabled (See Miscellaneous Settings)
- products are set to display the Price field (See Display Settings)
- Show "Add to Cart" link is selected (See Display Settings)
- Show Product's Price is selected (See Display Settings)
Button Missing for Some Products
If only one or some products are missing the Add to Cart option, edit the product and check the following settings:
- The product must be set to This product can be purchased in my online store or This product is coming soon but I want to take pre-orders (Edit a product › Product Details)
- If the product is set to track inventory, inventory must be more than 0 (Edit a product › Inventory)
- Products with required options, such as checkboxes, may not display the Add to Cart button until the option is selected.
Checking Theme Customization
Another possibility is that customization to the template files has prevented the Add to Cart button from displaying. To view the template files, you will need to edit Stencil Theme files.
- any snippets or panels referenced in the above files
Although changes to these files are the most common design-related causes for problems with the Add to Cart button, this is not a comprehensive list. If you hired a developer to make changes to your website, we recommend contacting them to troubleshoot their changes or post in the Ask a BigCommerce Partner Community Group.