Troubleshooting | "Add to Cart" Button Missing
The Add to Cart button is configured to display when your store and products are set to allow purchasing. If you notice that the button is missing, check the following to make sure everything is set up correctly.
If every product is missing the Add to Cart button, make sure:
- at least one payment option is set up (See Connecting a Payment Gateway)
- Allow Purchasing is enabled (See Miscellaneous Settings)
- products are set to display the Price field (See Display Settings)
- Show "Add to Cart" link is selected (See Display Settings)
- Show Product's Price is selected (See Display Settings)
If only one or some products are missing the Add to Cart option, edit the product and check the following settings:
- The product must be set to This product can be purchased in my online store or This product is coming soon but I want to take pre-orders (Edit a product › Product Details)
- If the product is set to track inventory, inventory must be more than 0 (Edit a product › Inventory)
- Products with required options, such as checkboxes, may not display the Add to Cart button until the option is selected.
Another possibility is that customization to the template files has prevented the Add to Cart button from displaying. Go to Store Setup › Design, then click More › Template Files to view which files have been changed from the original code (altered files will be highlighted). You can use the Compare option to compare a current file with the original.
- any snippets or panels referenced in the above files
Although changes to these files are the most common design-related causes for problems with the Add to Cart button, this is not a comprehensive list. If you hired a developer to make changes to your website, we recommend contacting them to troubleshoot their changes.