Starting a BigCommerce Trial
Your BigCommerce trial store gives you 15-day access to almost all of our features, including some that are only available on certain BigCommerce plans. Start your free 15-day trial today from the BigCommerce Homepage. If you already have an account with BigCommerce you can
What's Included in the Trial Store
The following features are available on your 15-day trial, but are only available on certain BigCommerce plans:
This means that you can set up your entire store and have it ready to start selling the moment you choose to launch.
Once you decide to upgrade to a paid store, any features not available on your plan will become unavailable unless you upgrade to the appropriate plan. Head to Pricing for more information on BigCommerce plans and their features. BigCommerce does not take any payment until you are ready to upgrade.
The following features will be unavailable on your trial store. They are only available after upgrading your store's plan if that plan supports them:
Creating a Trial Store
1. Go to the BigCommerce homepage.
2. Enter your email address and click Continue to Store Details.
3. Fill the form with a store name, a password, your first and last name, a phone number and the size of your business. Click Create Your Store.
Your store name can be changed at any time after starting your trial.
If you are a current BigCommerce client and are attempting to create a new store under your original account, the email and password information must be the same as the ones you entered when creating that account.
Once your trial is created you'll be prompted to log in for the first time.
1. Enter the email address and password you set when creating your trial, then click Log In.
2. You will be given an opportunity to tour the BigCommerce Control Panel. Click Start Tour to be provided with information on various sections of the Control Panel, or click No Thanks to close the popup. If you still want a guided tour of the control panel, you can see our Getting Started with BigCommerce video.
3. The home dashboard will list the next steps to get your store up and running. Begin by clicking the buttons to the right of each action item or by using the main menu on the left side of the screen.
All BigCommerce trials are not visible to the public when they are created. This keeps search engines from indexing your store while still in development and the public from browsing your store before it is ready to launch. The store will not go live until you click the Launch Store button. See our Store Launch Guide for more details.
Adding a New Trial Store to an Existing Account
If you already have a paid store or trial, you can add a new trial to your existing account directly from your BigCommerce Account Dashboard.
1. In the control panel, go to Account Settings › Account Summary. The BigCommerce Account Dashboard can also be accessed directly by going to manage.bigcommerce.com. The user must be assigned the Store Owner user role in the control panel to access the BigCommerce Account Dashboard.
2. Click the Add New Store button.
3. Enter details about the new trial store, then click Add New Store.
4. After a few seconds, your new trial store will be created. From here, you can log into the new store's control panel or view its details.
Cancelling a Trial
There is no action needed to cancel a trial store, the trial will automatically expire after the 15-day trial period. You will never be billed for a trial store. For more information on upgrading an expired trial, see Cancelling Your Account.