Paying Your BigCommerce Invoice
The subscription fee for your BigCommerce store is drawn automatically on a monthly or yearly basis, depending on the type of plan you signed up for. If for some reason the payment fails — for instance, if you cancel your credit card — you can manually pay your invoice. Generated invoices are emailed to the email address listed in your Billing contact, see Account Dashboard for more information.
If your store is provisioned by our Powered By partner program, you will remit payment to the partner and not BigCommerce.
Did you know? Using ACH (also known as e-check or direct debit) or PayPal to pay your BigCommerce subscription can help prevent interruption of service due to an expired credit or debit card.
Paying an Invoice
Powered By stores: If you are remitting payment to a partner, rather than BigCommerce, you will not have an invoice section in the client area and will not receive invoices from BigCommerce.
2. Any unpaid invoices will be listed on the account overview screen in a section marked Previous Invoices. You can also see them under My Account › Invoices.
3. Click Pay Now.
4. Enter your payment details, then click Submit.
Viewing and Printing Previous Invoices
1. From the Account Dashboard, go to My Account › Invoices. If you are not already signed in to your Account Dashboard, log in to your store's control panel as the Store Owner and go to Account Settings › Invoices.
2. To download a PDF copy of an invoice to your computer, click Download.
Once it is downloaded, you can open your PDF file and print it for your records.
If you were migrated from our old billing system, you can still view and download those old invoices via Archived Invoices.
In your Account Dashboard, go to My Account › Invoices, then click Archived Invoices.
Billing Address Mismatch
If the billing address associated with your card does not match your BigCommerce account's address, the payment will fail. To update your account address, use the steps below.
- BigCommerce Account Dashboard – Go to Account Details, then click Edit to the right of the contact listed as the billing contact.
- Legacy Client Area Go to Billing › Account Details and edit your contact information.
MAX 7 Error
A MAX 7 error occurs when the geographic distance between your billing address and the location you are attempting to make a payment from is too great. For example, attempting to pay an invoice while vacationing in a different state or country would result in a MAX 7 error. Our system uses your device's IP address to determine the zip code of your location when attempting to make a payment. To avoid this error, only attempt to process the payment while in the same zip code as your billing address.
Card Blocked for Too Many Failed Attempts
Multiple failed payment attempts will cause your card to be blocked at the gateway for 24 - 48 hours. If this occurs, you will not be able to use that card for payment until it has been unblocked.