Advertising with Pinterest
Pinterest is a site where users create a collection of links to sites, images or video that relate to a common idea or theme. It can be a useful platform to promote products since Pinterest can be like a visual wishlist.
What Are Rich Pins?
Rich pins are just like regular pins, but they include real-time information about your product, including:
- Product price
- Stock level
- Your store's favicon
Enabling and Disabling
Rich pins will be automatically enabled on your store. You can check the setting under Store Setup › Store Settings, under the Share tab. Click More options, and you will see Pinterest Rich Pins.
To enable or disable Rich Pins, click the ON/OFF toggle switch to your desired setting.
If your store was created after September 25, 2014, you will need to validate and apply for Rich Pins. To validate, make sure that Rich Pins are enabled in your store as shown above. Then pull up one of your product pages, grab the URL, paste it into the Rich Pins Validator, then click Validate.
Pinterest may take up to a day to move your store over to Rich Pins.
Confirming Your Store with Pinterest
Confirming ownership of your site enables your Pinterest profile picture to be included in any pin that comes from your site. It also gives you access to Pinterest Analytics, which tracks and reports visitor interactions with your Pins.
1. Log into your Pinterest account and click the profile icon in the top right.
2. Click the settings icon.
3. Scroll down to Profile, enter your store's URL in Website, then click Confirm website.
4. Copy the meta tag. Leave this tab open (you'll come back later to confirm) and open your BigCommerce control panel in a new tab.
5. In your BigCommerce control panel, go to Advanced Settings › Web Analytics.
6. If it is not enabled, check the box next to Google Analytics and click Save. If it is enabled, move to the next step.
7. Click the Google Analytics tab at the top of the screen.
8. Paste the meta tag you copied earlier into the Tracking Code box. If you have any other scripts (like Google Analytics), be sure to paste your tag above or below the other existing tags. You can drag the corner of the Tracking Code box to make it bigger and easier to see. Save your changes.
9. Return to the tab with your Pinterest profile, and click Finish. Pinterest will confirm it has verified your site.
f you receive the message "API Method not found." or "Looks like we had trouble connecting to your website. Please try again later.", try contacting Pinterest support.