Custom fields allow you to specify additional information that will appear on the product's page, such as a book's ISBN or a DVD's release date. The location of these fields on your product page differs from theme to theme, but is normally located under Additional Details.
Adding a Custom Field
1. Go to Products › View, then click on the name of your product to edit it.
2. Go to the Custom Fields tab. The Custom Fields section is at the top.
3. Enter the following information for your custom field:
- Custom field name (e.g. Release Year) - limit 250 characters
- Custom field value (e.g. 1997) - limit 250 characters
4. Save your changes when done.
To add or remove a custom field, click the green + (to add) or red - (to remove) circles to the right of the field.
Importing Custom Fields
If you want to apply custom fields to your products in bulk, you can do so by updating your products using our Import/Export feature.
Enter your custom field information under the Product's Custom Fields column using the following format. If you have multiple custom fields, separate them with a semicolon.
- Name of custom field=Name of value;Name of custom field #2=Name of value #2
- Example: Color=Blue;Material=Cotton