Custom fields allow you to specify additional information that will appear on the products page, such as a book's ISBN or a DVD's release date. The location of these fields on your product page may differ depending on your theme.
Custom fields appear automatically in the product's details if they are defined on the product. If you don't want to show any custom fields, simply remove them from the product.
|Custom field as it appears on a product page of the Cornerstone Light theme|
Looking for other fields? Some built-in fields, such as Condition and Brand, can be found in the Other Details tab.
Adding a Custom Field
1. Go to Products › View, then click on the name of a product to edit it.
2. Go to the Custom Fields tab.
3. Enter the following information for your custom field:
- Custom field name (e.g. Material) - limit 250 characters
- Custom field value (e.g. Cotton) - limit 250 characters
4. Save your changes when done.
To add or remove a custom field, click the + (plus sign) to or the - (minus sign) to the right of the row.
Importing Custom Fields
If you want to apply custom fields to your products in bulk, you can do so by updating your products using our Import/Export feature.
Enter your custom field information under the Product's Custom Fields column using the following format. If you have multiple custom fields, separate them with a semicolon.
[Name of custom field]=[Name of value];[Name of custom field #2]=[Name of value #2]