Updating Your Password
To keep your account secure, it is recommended that you change your password often. BigCommerce requires you change your password every 90 days. However, if you want to change it before that or simply forgot, follow the steps below.
Updating Your Password from the Log In Screen
1. Go to your store's login page.
2. Click the Forgot? link below the Log in button.
3. Enter your email address and click Email me reset link. A message will appear after clicking to confirm that the email is on its way.
If you click the Reset Button more than once. This will send a new password reset email will invalidate the previous password reset email link. To ensure you are receiving the most recent reset link/email, click this button only once.
4. Check your inbox for an email with the subject line Instructions for resetting your BigCommerce account password. If you do not see the email in your inbox within 10 minutes, check your spam or junk folder.
5. Click the Change password button in the email. You will be taken to the Reset password page.
6. Enter your new password twice, once in the field labeled New password, and again in the field labeled Retype password. Click the Reset password button.
Who can request a password change? The password reset email will only be sent if the email address you enter is an address associated with a user account in your store.
Updating Your Password in the Control Panel
1. Go to Account Settings › Change Password.
2. Enter your current password, then enter what you'd like to change it to, and confirm. When you're done, click Update.
3. You'll see a message that your account was updated successfully. Click the X icon in the upper right of the popup to close it.
What are Passwords requirements? Your new password must be a minimum of 8 characters, and contain letters and numbers. It can not be a previously used password for the user.