Using the App Marketplace
What We'll Cover
Apps are integrations that can be used to extend BigCommerce's functionality. They can give you extra analytics, integrate with other platforms, help you run marketing, and a host of other features. Although many apps may require payment to use, there are several free apps as well.
The Apps Marketplace
The Apps Marketplace is the area inside your control panel where you can browse or search for apps that can be installed with a single click. The Apps Marketplace can be viewed under Apps › Marketplace.
Did you know? Only the Store Owner user role can install, uninstall or review apps. Once installed, some apps allow the Store Owner to give access to other user roles who are not the Store Owner.
Browsing and Searching Apps
You can filter apps by Free/Paid, sort by Newest/Popular, or search for the app by name or description.
You can also view apps under the Collections area on the left. Some of our apps are labeled Elite, and Premier. These tiers reflect the depth of their level of product and solutions expertise, services capability, and overall customer satisfaction rating. Additionally, apps labeled as Certified have enrolled in our partner certification program.
Enterprise & Pro will filter apps recommended for merchants in those plans. Though, all apps are available to all plans.
Big Labs will filter apps that have been created by BigCommerce employees and are free to use. While these apps are created by our employees, they are not supported by our Technical support team.
To browse apps by category, take a look at the Categories panel on the left. Click a category to see the subcategory dropdowns. Choose between:
- Get more traffic (advertising, social media, selling on other channels like eBay, Etsy or Google Shopping)
- Improve conversion (live chat, mobile apps, reviews)
- Run your store (accounting, shipping, POS, order management and fulfillment)
- Understand your customers (analytics, customer feedback, split testing)
Installing an App
1. To install an app, go to Apps › Marketplace.
2. Click on the app you want to install. You may want to browse or search for the app you have in mind.
3. Click Install on the pop-up page that appears. You can also take a moment to read about the app, check out some screenshots, or read some reviews.
4. Click Confirm on the next page.
5. Depending on the app, you may need to fill out a form or connect an existing account.
6. After the installation is complete, you can view the app under My Apps in the control panel.
Uninstalling an App
1. Go to Apps › My Apps
2. Click Uninstall.
3. The app will be removed from the My Apps section of the App Marketplace and the Apps bar in your control panel.
Having trouble with an app? The best way to resolve the issue is to go to the original app developer and contact them. The app developer is responsible for technical and billing support for their product. BigCommerce Technical support cannot access apps installed on your store in order to effectively troubleshoot issues.
Rating and Reviewing Apps
Help out your fellow merchants by rating and reviewing apps that you've tried. Note that an app must be currently installed in order for you to leave a review or rating.
1. Go to Apps › My Apps.
2. Click on the app you wish to review.
3. Click the Review this app link.
4. In the pop up window, select a Rating. Then, fill out the review form and click Submit when finished. You can go back to edit your rating and review at any time.
- Stencil and App Compatibility
- Integrating 3rd Party Apps with Stencil Themes
- Adding / Editing Users
- Introducing Big Labs