You can search your orders by going to Orders › View and entering your query in the Filter by Keyword field, then clicking the filter icon. For more advanced search queries that let you search by a range of criteria, click the Search button or go to Orders › Search.
If you are searching for orders with specific products, see Viewing Orders with Specific Products.
The settings in Advanced search allow you to search orders by the following criteria:
- Search Keywords — search keywords you type into this box will be used to search the order ID, billing details, shipping details, and tracking number
- Order Status — allows you to narrow your search to a particular order status
- Payment Method — allows you to narrow your search to a particular payment method you have setup in your control panel's payments area
- Order Type — allows you to narrow your search by what channel the order originated from. For example, if you are integrated with eBay, you can narrow the search to only eBay orders or only BigCommerce orders.
- Shipping Method — allows you to narrow your search to those orders that used a particular shipping type (i.e., FedEx, UPS, Flat Rate Per Order)
- Coupon Code — enter a coupon code in this box if you want to view all orders that applied that particular coupon. Only full coupon codes can be searched. Serialized coupons that may share a common prefix or suffix cannot be searched by just the common elements.
- Pre-Orders — specify whether or not to include Pre-Order items in your search, or even narrow to only Pre-Order items
- Deleted Orders — determine whether or not to include deleted orders in your search, or to only search deleted orders
Search by Range
The settings in Search by Range allow you to search orders by the following criteria:
- Order ID — specify a range of Order IDs to search from
- Order Total — specify a range of order totals to search from
Search by Date
The settings in Search by Date allow you to search orders by the following criteria:
- Date Range — allows you to narrow your search results using a specific preset date range, or define a custom date range by selecting Custom Period
- Date Type — specify if the selected Date Range applies to the date the order was placed, the “delivery/event date” specified on a product or both
The settings in Sort Order decide which property to sort by (e.g. order ID, customer name, date), and if results are shown in Ascending Order (100, 101, 102), or Descending Order (102, 101, 100).