Creating & Viewing Support Cases
What We'll Cover
The BigCommerce Support Contact page allows you to create a new case, see the status of an existing case, leave comments, and upload attachments on open cases.
Registering and Logging In
On the BigCommerce Support Contact page, click Log in under Case Status. If you haven't yet registered an account, you will be asked for your store URL and support pin. On the following page, your primary email account will be displayed, and you will be asked to enter and confirm a new password. This password does not need to match any of your existing passwords for BigCommerce, but must be at least 8 characters long, include a mix of alpha and numeric characters, and cannot include the word password.
Forgot your password? Click the Forgot your password? link below the sign in area. If the email listed is not your preferred primary email, submit a ticket with your preferred email address.
Creating a New Case
1. Go to the BigCommerce Support Contact page.
2. Enter the question or topic you need help with and click Continue.
3. We'll present related articles and resources that may be able to help. If the suggested resources don't resolve your issue, click Continue to Contact.
4. Click Create a Case.
5. Enter a Subject to briefly describe your issue. In the Description box, you can go into more detail about the specifics of your issue. Including examples, steps to reproduce, articles you've tried looking at, and troubleshooting measures you've already tried helps our support team to get your issue resolved faster.
Specify the type of issue with the Issue type selector. Optionally, you can choose a file (like a screenshot or CSV import file) from your computer to include with your case.
Finally, include your Contact information. We'll use it to relay any updates or follow-up questions about your case.
6. After you've completed all fields, click Create Case.
7. Once your case is created, you'll be forwarded to a confirmation screen showing your newly created case number and your contact email address. You can reference this case number when following up on an open case.
You'll also receive an email from BigCommerce Support letting you know we've opened a new support case for you.
Viewing your Case List
Once logged in, you will be able to toggle between viewing your open cases (under My Open Cases) and closed cases (My Closed Cases).
Where are my other cases? This area only displays your technical support cases. Billing, migrations, and other case types are only conducted through email.
Viewing your Case
Click the case number to view details of a particular case.
Your case details will be at the top of the page.
Fill out the comment box to reply to a case. If you need to include an attachment, click Add Attachment and select the file from your computer. Click Submit when finished. Please note that you are only able to comment on active cases. To re-open a closed case, please reply to the original email.
The full comment history can be found at the bottom of the page.