Printing Shipping Labels with USPS by Endicia
We've integrated with USPS by Endicia to give you the option to print USPS shipping labels directly from within the BigCommerce control panel.
Notice: On August 1, 2017, the USPS will change the way they handle under-paid and over-paid postage amounts for packages by implementing a new Automated Package Verification (APV) system.
These new changes will require existing Endicia customers to accept new terms & conditions. To learn more, visit the USPS APV FAQ page or contact the USPS by emailing VerifyPostageHelp@usps.gov.
Setting up an Endicia Account
1. Go to Store Setup › Shipping. Scroll down to the Shipping Labels section and click Set up next to USPS.
2. In the pop-up that appears, click Connect it here if you already have an Endicia account. Otherwise, fill out the account creation form.
Printing and Reprinting Labels
Create the shipment and choose the USPS package and service combinations that your shipment qualifies for. Then, click Create shipment, proceed to print to continue.
Be careful! Double check the shipment to ensure everything is correct. Once the label has been created, it cannot be adjusted.
1. Shipment summary — An overview of the information from the previous screen including the items included in this shipment, its weight, dimensions, and shipping address.
2. Shipping Label — You can choose a horizontal, 8.5” x 11” letter sized document, which is better suited for normal printers. Additionally, you can choose a vertical 4” x 6” format, which is better suited for dedicated label printers such as a DYMO or Zebra printer.
3. Line item shipping costs — If you’ve purchased Signature Confirmation or Endicia Insurance, you’ll see how they contribute to the total postage cost.
4. Postage Balance — This displays your current Endicia postage balance. Use the Add Funds Now button to add additional funds. Adding funds will charge whatever payment method you have set up in your Endicia account.
5. Print packing slip / Print Label — These will trigger your browser’s print dialog. Once the label is printed, a Marked as Shipped button appears for you to update the order status, and return to the View Orders screen. Additionally, a tracking number will be generated in the shipping label and automatically sent when the order status is marked as shipped.
Need to print labels in batch? If you need to print USPS labels in batch or print labels for other carriers, we recommend using our integration with ShipStation.
1. Go to Orders › View. Click the + icon to the left of an order to expand its details.
2. Click the shipment number in the order column on the right.
3. Click Print Postage Label
4. Click Reprint Label.
You can also access this page by going to Orders › Shipments, then clicking Action › Print Postage Label for the shipment you want to reprint a label for.
After refunding a shipping label with Endicia, the order status will remain Shipped or Completed.
1. Go to Orders › View. Click the + icon to the left of the order you are going to refund shipping charges for.
2. In the order column on the right, click on the shipment number of the shipment to be refunded.
3. Click Print Postage Label.
4. Click Refund.
Manually adding a new tracking number after refunding a label
You will first need to delete the existing shipment. Then, create a new shipment which will trigger a new email that will include a clickable link.
1. Delete the existing shipment
- Take note of the Shipment ID (the Shipment #).
- Go to Orders › Shipments.
- Locate the shipment. Check the box to the left of the shipment, then click the Trash Can button.
2. Create a new shipment and trigger the tracking link email.
- Change the status of the order (Awaiting Shipment or Awaiting Fulfillment are good choices).
- Create a new shipment from the Ship Items button in the order details or the Ship Items link in the action menu.
- Enter a tracking number when creating the shipment.
- Check Update the order status to Shipped, and notify the customer via email after entering all shipping details. Click Create shipment when finished.