Printing Shipping Labels with USPS by Endicia
What We'll Cover
We've integrated with USPS by Endicia to give you the option to print USPS shipping labels directly from within the BigCommerce control panel for any order, including manual orders, regardless of the shipping method selected by you or your customer. If you prefer a third-party shipping app for label creation, check out the Shipping Apps in the BigCommerce Marketplace.
If you are using services such as Priority Express, we recommend adding physical dimensions for your products. Typically, the narrowest dimension should be set as the factoring dimension in your physical dimension settings.
Enabling Label Printing
Go to Store Setup › Shipping, then click Set up shipping labels.
In the pop-up that appears, click Connect it here, then enter your Endicia Account Number and Pass Phrase. If you forgot your Endicia Account Number, it can be requested from Endicia's login page. If you forgot your Pass Phrase, using your Account Number, you can request it from Endicia's Forgot Pass Phrase page.
Fill out the account creation form with the following information:
- First name and Last name
- Phone number
- Email Address — this will be associated with your Endicia account. Make sure you have access to this email account.
- Password — this will be used to log into Endicia's website
- Pass Phrase — this will be used to connect your BigCommerce store to your Endicia account
- Security Question and Answer — these are used to confirm your identity if you forget any of your account credentials
Billing and Payment Information
- Billing Address — the billing address for the credit card you'll be using to purchase postage. If you're shipping from an address other than your Billing Address, uncheck I will be shipping my products from this Billing Address and specify your Ship From Address (must be in the U.S.).
- Payment information — your credit card details. If you are using a free account, this card will only be charged when you actually purchase postage for printing labels.
- Account type — Select from Endicia's pricing plans, which include a free option.
Check the box to certify you agree to USPS's and Endicia's terms, then click Create Account.
Once you’ve connected your Endicia account, you can add funds or check your balance directly from the control panel.
1. Go to Store Setup › Shipping.
2. Scroll down to Shipping labels and click Edit next to USPS by Endicia.
3. Click the Postage Balance tab. Enter in the amount of funds you want to add, then click Add to balance. The minimum amount you can add at one time is $10.
To access the Print Shipping Label screen, you must first create the shipment. Once the shipment has been created you'll be lead to the following screen where you can print out your shipping label.
1. Shipment summary — An overview of the information from the previous screen including the items included in this shipment, its weight, dimensions, and shipping address.
2. Shipping Label — You can choose a horizontal, 8.5” x 11” letter sized document, which is better suited for normal printers. Additionally, you can choose a vertical 4” x 6” format, which is better suited for dedicated label printers such as a DYMO or Zebra printer.
3. Line item shipping costs — If you’ve purchased Signature Confirmation or Endicia Insurance, you’ll see how they contribute to the total postage cost.
4. Postage Balance — This displays your current Endicia postage balance. Use the Add Funds Now button to add additional funds. Adding funds will charge whatever payment method you have set up in your Endicia account.
5. Print packing slip / Print Label — These will trigger your browser’s print dialog. Once the label is printed, a Marked as Shipped button appears for you to update the order status, and return to the View Orders screen.
Go to Orders › View Orders. Click the + icon to the left of an order to expand its details, then click the shipment number in the order column on the right. Click Print Postage Label, then Reprint Label.
An alternate route is through Orders › Shipments. Click the action icon to the right of the shipment you want to reprint a label for, and select Print Postage Label.
1. Go to Orders › View. Click the + icon to the left of the order you are going to refund shipping charges for.
2. In the order column on the right, click on the shipment number of the shipment to be refunded.
3. Click Print Postage Label.
4. Click Refund.
Can I change the quantity of each item shipped in the order?
Yes, however quantity may not exceed the amount selected by the customer. See Editing an Order for changing the quantity of an existing order.
Do I need a label printer?
No, a dedicated label printer is not necessary to print and use postage labels. You can print a label on a standard desktop printer using regular 8.5” x 11” paper, then tape it to your package. Covering the entire label with packing tape will help protect it during shipping.
What about customs forms for international shipments?
Applicable customs forms for international shipments are automatically included on the generated label.