Some shoppers prefer to shop by brand. By adding your product's brand name, you can help your shoppers to find what they're looking for faster, which helps your conversion rate. Brands can be created and assigned while creating a new product, and all brands can be managed from Products › Brands.
If your products are handmade or you are the manufacturer, consider creating your own brand name from your website or business name.
Creating and Managing Brands
Go to Products › Brands.
- To create a brand, click Add a Brand.
- To edit a brand, click its name or click Action › Edit.
- To delete a brand, click the checkbox to its left, then the Trash icon.
Adding a Brand
After clicking Add a Brand, you will be brought to the Brand Details page.
Enter your brands one per line, then Save your changes.
You can also create a brand from the Other Details tab when creating or editing a product.
Editing a Brand
Click the name of your brand and you will be brought to the Edit Brand page. You will see the brand detail fields. Learn more about SEO Fields.
- Brand Name
- Page Title
- Meta Keywords
- Meta Description
- Search Keywords
- Brand Image — shows up on the All Brands page
- Brand URL
- Template Layout File
Applying a Brand to Your Product
1. Go to Products › View and add or edit your product.
2. On the Edit a Product page, go to the Other Details tab. Scroll down to the Other Details section.
3. Next to Brand Name, select your product's brand from the drop-down list. You can also create a product in the text field beside it.
4. Save your changes.
Showing/Hiding Brands on Product Pages
You can set to show or hide product brands in your store's product Display Settings.