Linking to Your Blog
If you need more robust features for your blog, you can link to another blog service (like WordPress) instead of the Built-In Blog.
If you are looking for information about using WordPress as your storefront, see Using BigCommerce for WordPress.
Using Your Domain Name for Your Blog
If you would like your blog to use your BigCommerce store's domain name, you'll need to use a subdomain. Below is an example of setting up a WordPress.com blog to be a subdomain of your BigCommerce store's domain.
1. Go to Server Settings › Email & DNS Records then click the Web Hosts tab.
2. Click the Add another link at the bottom of the list and enter the following details. You'll want to use a subdomain of your domain for Fully Qualified Host, and your actual WordPress.com address for Value.
- Type: CNAME
- Fully Qualified Host: blog.mydomain.com (example)
- Value: example.wordpress.com (example)
- Time to live: 3600
Example CNAME Record
1. Go to Domains, select your site, and click Add Domain.
2. Look for Already own a domain? and click Map it. Enter the subdomain you want to use, and click Add. In our example, we used blog.mydomain.com.
3. After you complete the purchase, go back to Domains, select your subdomain, and click Make Primary.