The wishlist feature allows customers to save products for purchase at a later date. Account creation must be enabled for this feature to be used.
1. Go to Store Setup › Store Settings.
2. Click the Display tab. In the top section, labeled Display Settings, locate the Enable Wishlist? option.
3. Check or uncheck it, then Save your changes.
To create wishlists, your customers must first log in to their account. Customers who are not logged in to accounts will still see the Add to Wishlist button, but will be taken to the Sign In or Create an Account page if they attempt to add an item to a wishlist.
Once signed in, customers can follow these steps to create a new wishlist. There is no limit to the number of wishlists a customer can create.
1. Click Account. Generally this link is located in the top menu of the store, but its exact location varies from theme to theme.
2. Click Wish Lists, then click the New Wishlist button.
3. Enter a Name for the wishlist. If customers would like to share their wishlist with a link, check Share Wishlist?.
4. Click Create Wishlist to save your wishlist.
Adding Products to Wishlists
To add products to their wishlists, your customers start by navigating to any individual product page. Products cannot be added to wishlists from category or quickview pages.
1. While on an individual product page, click the Add to Wishlist button. For some themes this button has a heart icon, while others have text.
Heart Icon Example:
Text Button Example:
2. Select which wishlist to add the product to, then click Add to Wishlist. Customers will be taken to their wishlist page in the My Account area.
To manage existing wishlists, begin by going to My Account, then click Wish Lists in the Manage Your Account menu. The wishlists you have created will be shown on the page.
The Wishlist Action Icons
1. Edit — allows customers to update their Wishlist Name and whether or not the list can be shared
2. Delete — allows customers to delete an existing wishlist. If clicked, a pop-up window will appear, confirming they want to delete the wishlist.
3. Share — displays a wishlist's share URL, which customers can send to those they would like to have view their wishlist. This icon will only appear for wishlists with sharing enabled.
Removing Items From a Wishlist
To view or edit the products saved in a wishlist, begin by clicking its name. From this page customers can remove items from their wishlist.