What We'll Cover
The wishlist feature allows customers to save products for purchase at a later date. Account creation must be enabled for this feature to be used.
By default, all BigCommerce stores have the wishlist feature enabled.
To toggle the feature off or on, go to Store Setup › Store Settings, then click the Display tab. In the top section, labeled Display Settings, locate the Enable Wishlist? option. Check or uncheck it, then save your change.
To create wishlists, your customers must first log in to their account. Customers who are not logged in to accounts will still see the Add to Wishlist button, but will be taken to the Sign In or Create an Account page if they attempt to add an item to a wishlist.
Once signed in, customers can follow these steps to create one or more wishlists.
1. Click My Account. Generally this link is located in the top menu of the store, but its exact location varies from theme to theme.
2. Click Wish Lists, then click the Create Wish List button. For some themes this button has a + symbol on it, while others have text.
+ Symbol Example:
Text Button Example:
3. Enter a Name for the wishlist. If you’d like to be able to share your wishlist with a link, select I want to be able to share this wish list.
4. Save your wishlist.
There is no limit to the number of wishlists a customer can create.
Adding Products to Wishlists
To add products to their wishlists, your customers start by navigating to any individual product page. Products cannot be added to wishlists from category or quickview pages.
1. While on an individual product page, click the Add to Wishlist button. For some themes this button has a heart icon on it, while others have text.
Heart Symbol Example:
Text Button Example:
2. Select which wishlist to add the product to, then click Add to Wishlist. You will be taken to your wish list page in the My Account area.
To manage existing wishlists, begin by going to My Account, then click Wish Lists in the Manage Your Account menu. The wishlists you have created will be shown on the page.
The Wishlist Action Icons
1. Edit — Allows you to update the Wishlist Name and whether or not the list can be shared.
2. Delete — Allows you to delete an existing wishlist. If clicked, a pop-up window will appear, confirming that you want to delete the wishlist.
3. Share — Displays a wishlist's share URL, which can be sent to anyone you'd like to have view the wishlist. This icon will only appear for wishlists with sharing enabled.
Removing Items From a Wishlist
To view or edit the products saved in a wishlist, begin by clicking its name. From this page you can view, and/or remove items from the wishlist.