Verifying Your Site with Google
Site verification is the process of proving that you own your site and verifying your site with Google gives you access to its private Google Search data. You'll need to verify your site before you can use certain Google tools and services, like Search Console (formerly Webmaster Tools) and Google Shopping.
Verifying your site with Google requires a free Google account. If you don't have an account already, you can sign-up for one.
Google recommends you verify every version of your site. So if your website is example.com, then you'd verify:
You can use the same HTML meta code to verify the other versions of your site, so you'll only need to copy and paste the code into your control panel once.
We recommend you specify a preference whether you want visitors going to your site with or without the WWW prefix subdomain. You can find this in the Search Engine Optimization section in your Website Settings.
Copy the Tag
1. Log in to Google Search Console (formerly Google Webmaster Tools).
2. Click the Add a Property button, then enter the URL of your store.
3. Click the Alternate methods tab, then select HTML tag.
4. Copy the meta tag that pops up.
Add the Tag to Your Store
1. Open the BigCommerce control panel in a new browser tab or window.
2. Go to Advanced Settings › Web Analytics.
3. If you already have a Google Analytics tab, skip to the next step. If not, in Analytics Packages, check the box marked Google Analytics, then Save.
4. Click the Google Analytics tab.
5. In the Tracking Code field, paste the meta tag you copied from Google Search Console, then click the Save button.
6. Go back to Google Search Console and click the Verify button. You will see a success message, indicating your site is now verified.
To add the other versions of your URL, return to your Search Console dashboard, and click Add a Property.