Using the Image Manager
What We'll Cover
The Image Manager provides a space for you to upload images and photos from your computer to your BigCommerce store. Once uploaded, your images can be used in a variety of ways. Uploaded images can be used as product photos, placed into product descriptions, categories descriptions, web page content, blog posts, or any area that uses the WYSIWYG editor. The URL of an uploaded image can be used to share the image outside of your BigCommerce store, for example, in an email newsletter.
Images in the Image Manager cannot be selected when creating a "Show a different image" product option rule in the control panel. However, their URL path can be referenced when creating a new rule via import.
Images must meet the following requirements. Attempting to upload an image that does not meet these requirements can cause unexpected behavior.
- Image file names must be alphanumeric, and cannot contain any spaces or special characters.
- Supported file types are JPEG/JPG, GIF and PNG.
TIF and PDF files are not supported. You can upload PDFs and other files not supported by the Image Manager by uploading them via WebDAV and linking to them from your store.
Did you know? You can NOT upload images with the same name.
1. Go to Storefront Content › Image Manager, then click Upload Images.
2. In the popup that appears, click Choose File (or Browse) and select an image from your computer.
3. Repeat Step 2 for each additional image you want to upload. When you are finished, click Upload.
If you have a large number of images, you can upload them all to the Image Manager quickly using WebDAV. In WebDAV, put the images in the product_images/uploaded_images folder.
In the upper right of the Image Manager page, there are two drop down menus that allow you to choose how many images are displayed at once, and how they are sorted. You can sort by name, file size, or date modified.
1. Click Edit beneath the image you want to edit.
2. Click Continue to Pixlr.
Check on the box marked Do not show this message again so you can skip Step 2 next time.
3. Edit your image using Pixlr's editing tools. (Pixlr Support)
4. When you are done, click Save to update the image and be returned to the Image Manager.
Be careful! Clicking Save on Pixlr will save over the original. If you want to keep both
1. Click Delete this Image beneath the image you want to delete.
2. To delete multiple images at once, checkbox the images you want to delete, then click Delete Selected at the top of the page.