Tracking Facebook Conversions
If you are using Facebook ads to promote your store on social media, you'll want to gauge how effective your advertising is by keeping track of how many purchases come from those ads. With the Facebook Pixel, you will be able to measure conversion rates for those ads, optimize ads based on the collected data, and remarket to targeted audiences.
Creating a Facebook Pixel
These steps show you how to create a Facebook Pixel in the Facebook Ads Manager. If you've already created a pixel, skip ahead to Installing the Facebook Pixel.
1. Go to your Facebook Pixel tab in the Facebook Ads Manager.
2. Click Create a Pixel.
3. In the pop-up that appears, enter a name for your pixel. You can have only one pixel per ad account, so choose a name that represents your business. Then, check the box indicating that you have read and agree to the Facebook Pixel Terms.
4. Click Next to continue and begin installation.
Installing the Facebook Pixel
Once you've successfully created your Facebook Pixel, it will need to be installed.
1. Go to your Facebook Pixel tab in the Facebook Ads Manager if you are not there already.
2. Click Use an Integration or Tag Manager. If you do not see this option, click the Set Up Pixel button.
3. Click BigCommerce.
4. Scroll down to Step 2 and copy your Pixel ID.
5. In your BigCommerce control panel, go to Advanced Settings › Web Analytics.
6. Enable Facebook Pixel by selecting it and saving. Then click the Facebook Pixel tab.
7. Paste the Pixel ID into the Pixel ID field, then Save your changes.
Going forward, you will be able to track how many sales are made as a direct result of your Facebook ads through your Facebook Ads Manager.