Submitting Your Sitemap and Verifying Your Site with Bing
Submitting your sitemap and verifying your site with Bing requires a free Microsoft account. If you don't already have an account, you can sign up for one.
Submitting Your Sitemap
1. Log into Bing Webmaster Tools.
2. Type your website into the Add a Site box and click Add.
3. Type http://yourstore.com/xmlsitemap.php into the Add a sitemap box. Replace yourstore.com with your store's URL.
4. Fill in the rest of the required credentials, then Save.
Verifying Your Site
1. On the following page, copy the meta tag under Option 2.
2. Open a new browser tab or window, and log in to your BigCommerce control panel.
3. Go to Advanced Settings › Web Analytics.
4. Check the box marked Google Analytics, then click Save. If it is already checked, move on to step 5.
5. Click the Google Analytics tab.
6. Paste the code you copied from Bing Webmaster Tools into the Tracking Code box. If there are other tags in the box, hit Return or Enter a few times to make some space, and paste the verification code below them.
7. Save your changes.
8. Return to the browser tab or window with Bing Webmaster Tools, and click the verify button.
9. You'll see your sitemap appear under the Sitemaps section of your Bing Webmaster dashboard, indicating that you've successfully verified your site and submitted your sitemap.
Microsoft advises it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days to process submitted sitemaps.