Sell on Pinterest
Buyable Pins let Pinterest users find your products, learn more about them, and purchase them — all without ever leaving Pinterest's website or mobile app — providing a sleek, intuitive, and fast checkout experience.
When you enable Buyable Pins, Pins created from your store's product pages will include a blue "Add to Bag" button, making them purchasable directly on Pinterest's website and mobile app. They also include additional information about your product, including:
- Stock availability
- Size and color variations
- Product description
- Your store’s favicon
- A link to your store’s return policy
- A link to your store’s Pinterest Marketplace page
Enabling Buyable Pins
Before connecting your store to Pinterest, certain merchant, store setting, and product requirements must be met. See Requirements for Pinterest Buyable Pins for detailed information.
1. Go to Channel Manager and click Get Started next to Pinterest.
2. On the next page, confirm your store and products meet all the requirements, then click Get Started.
3. If you’re not already logged in, enter your Pinterest account email and password, then click Authorize App. You’ll be returned to the BigCommerce control panel to complete setup.
4. Click Edit Settings next to Pinterest.
5. Configure your settings. The following fields are required:
- Business Contact Email — address your Pinterest customer service requests are delivered to.
- Business Contact Phone Number — phone number for customer service requests from Pinterest customers
- Tagline — a short piece of text displayed next to your store’s Buyable Pins on your new “Shop Pins By” Pinterest Marketplace page.
- Example: M&L Supply has the modern man covered from head to toe.
- Return Policy URL — URL of your store's return policy
- Payment Gateway — choose which payment gateway you want to use to transact orders from Pinterest
- Colors and Sizes — choose how Pinterest should display each of your product options. BigCommerce products with options that you have not mapped here will not be sent to Pinterest.
- BigCommerce will automatically convert your account to a Pinterest Business account if needed. Converting to a business account will not affect your existing Pins, boards, or followers.
- Your store's application will be submitted to Pinterest for review. Applications are reviewed within a few hours.
Managing Buyable Pins
Once your application is approved, you'll see a note in Channel Manager and will receive an email from Pinterest letting you know.
- If you have existing Product Pins, they'll start showing up as Buyable Pins within 4-5 days as Pinterest reindexes them.
- For products without existing Pins, we recommend pinning products directly from the product page on your BigCommerce storefront.
- Add Buyable Pins to your public boards so they’re easily discoverable and saved by Pinterest users.
Orders from Pinterest
- Orders generated from Pinterest Buyable Pins appear as guest orders and are listed with a Pinterest logo in the View Orders area of your store.
- You can use the Orders from Pinterest Custom View to see only your Pinterest orders.
- Orders from Pinterest can also be selected as an Order Type in Search Orders.