Product Options: Option Sets
An Option Set is a collection of one or more Options. For example, if you want Options for "size" and "color" to put on T-shirts, you might add those Options to a "T-shirt" Option Set. Once your Option Set has all of the attributes you want, you can add the Option Set to your products.
An option set can be used to quickly apply the same option to many different products. For example, you could have an option and option set for products that have a common option, like a checkbox to add a carrying case, or a text field to add custom engraving/embroidery.
Option Sets are designed to let you reuse the same Options on multiple products without having to add them manually each time. You can also use Option Set rules, such as changing the price by $X when a certain value is selected, across every product that uses the same Option Set.
If you created the Option Set when creating your Product Option, you can head straight to Applying an Option Set to a Product.
Creating or Editing an Option Set1. Go to Products › Product Options and click on the Option Sets tab.
2. Locate and click the name of your option set to edit it, or click Create an Option Set to make a new one.
3. Type in your option set name. It will be important to recognize it later on, so it is best to make it relevant to your option set.
4. In the list of Available options, click Add next to the options you want to be in your product. When you select them, they will appear to the right under Options in This Set. Clicking the red - button will remove the option from the set.
5. When finished, click Save and Exit.
To take out particular values or make an option not required, click "Edit" next to the red button. From there, you can uncheck the boxes of the values you don't want to include. You can also changed the option to be required or not required.
Apply the Option Set to the Product
1. Go to Products › View. Click on the name of a product to edit it.
2. Click on the Options & SKUs tab.
3. Next to Option Set, select the desired option set from the drop-down list. You can now add SKUs or Rules, if desired.
4. Save your changes.You can view your product on your storefront to test out your options.