"New Products" Panel
The New Products panel on your homepage displays the most recently added products in your store. It's a great way to promote new product lines and it lets your shoppers know about new additions quickly and easily.
Can I control which products in the New Products panel? Only the most recently added products appear in the New Products panel. Use the Featured Products panel for greater control over which products appear on the homepage.
Number of New Products to Display
The number of new products shown in the new products panel is controlled differently depending on which theme platform you're using (Stencil or Blueprint).
For Stencil themes, the new products panel is controlled with the Stencil Theme Editor.
1. Go to Storefront Design › My Themes.
2. Click Customize.
3. The Stencil Theme Editor will open in a new window/tab. On the left, scroll down and click Products to expand it.
4. Click the dropdown to select the number of new products to display on the homepage. To remove the panel completely, select Disable.
5. When you're finished, click Save Changes.
Depending on your theme, the new products panel will automatically adjust to fit whatever screen it's on. If the area is too small, the panel will break into "pages" with next/back arrows.
For Blueprint themes, the new products panel is controlled in your store's Display Settings.
1. Go to Store Setup › Store Settings.
2. Under Display Settings, enter the number of New Products you want to display on the homepage. To remove the panel completely, set it to 0.
3. When you're finished making changes, click Save.
Referencing the Panel/Object in Theme Files
See our Stencil documentation for information on how the new products panel/object is referenced in Stencil themes.
The new products panel is called HomeNewProducts.html. It can be found in the Panels folder of the template files. To reference the panel in a template file, insert %%Panel.HomeNewProducts%%. This panel was designed to appear on the homepage of a store; you will have to customize it for any other usage.
See our Blueprint documentation for more information on how the new products panel is referenced in Blueprint themes.