Minimum & Maximum Purchase Quantity
You can set how many or how few of a product a customer can order at a time, which can come in handy for things like wholesale products or flash sale promotions.
A minimum purchase quantity can be particularly useful for lower-priced products that are only profitable/worthwhile to sell at higher quantities.
One of the merchant benefits of running a sale is the added marketing and promotion generated by the offer. By enforcing a maximum purchase quantity (like "limit 1 per customer"), you can ensure that your deal is available to as many shoppers as possible, will potentially last longer, and helps build awareness for your brand.
Purchase Quantity and Inventory Tracking
- If inventory tracking is enabled for the product and the minimum quantity exceeds available stock, the product will not be orderable.
- If inventory tracking is enabled for the product and the maximum quantity exceeds available stock, the order will be limited to available stock only.
Setting a Minimum/Maximum Purchase Quantity
1. Go to Products › View and click the name of the product you want to edit.
2. Click the Other Details tab at the top of the page, then scroll down to the Other Details section.
3. Enter a Minimum and/or Maximum Purchase Quantity.
4. Save your changes when you are finished.
Can I set a minimum/maximum purchase quantity for products in bulk?
Yes, via CSV import. Minimum and Maximum Purchase Quantity are importable product fields.
Can I set a minimum/maximum purchase quantity for individual variants?
No, purchase quantity can only be set on simple products or the base/parent product of a variant.