Managing Product Categories
What We'll Cover
A category is an organizational unit to which you assign your products. When viewing your store, customers will click on a category to view products that have been assigned to that category. You can also create subcategories within your category.
Categories are managed from Products › Product Categories.
If you're on a Plus plan or higher, you can use Customer Groups to control which customers can see which categories.
Creating and Editing Categories
To learn about creating and assigning categories in a CSV import, see Importing Products.
Creating a Category
- Navigate to the Products menu and select Product Categories.
- Click Create a Category.
- Fill out the data and Save the new category.
The steps below show you how you can create categories in the Category area. You can also create a category when assigning it to a product.
1. Click Create a Category.
2. Enter the Name of your category. The other fields are optional.
- Name — the category name as it appears in your store (limit 50 characters)
- URL — the category URL (defaults to the category name if left blank)
- Description — a WYSIWYG content editor that will appear at the top of your category page
- Parent category — if this will be a subcategory, select the parent category
- Template Layout File — the category template file
- Sort Order — sets the priority in which the categories are listed; 0 is the default
- Default Product Sort — set how you want products to be sorted within this category. You can keep the global setting frin Store Settings › Display (Category Settings) or set one for your particular category.
- Category Image (subcategories only) — select an image to represent the subcategory on the parent category page (not supported by all themes)
3. Fill out the Search Engine Optimization fields if desired.
4. Click Save & Exit or Save & Add Another when done.
Editing a Category
To edit the above settings for an existing category, click the Action icon › Edit.
To change the order of your categories, hover your mouse over the category row, then drag the category up or down. Drag left or right to make a category into a subcategory or vice-versa.
To view the products assigned to a particular category, click the Action icon › Products.
To Disable or hide a category without deleting it, click the green checkmark to the right of the category. When it shows a red X, it has been removed from your store's category menu and will not come up even if someone goes to the URL.
A subcategory is a category that is a subset of a larger category. Subcategories are sometimes referred to as child categories, and the category they belong to is the parent category.
There are several ways to create a subcategory:
- Create a category following the steps above, and select a parent category
- On the desired parent category, click the Action icon › New Sub Category
- Create them in a CSV file
Assigning a Category
1. Add or edit a product and go to the Category field.
2. Select one or more categories to assign the product to. To assign a subcategory, click the + next to a parent category to display its children.
To create a new category from this page, click Create New and enter the category's name and parent category. Save.
3. Save your changes.
To reassign multiple products at a time, you can use the Bulk Edit page.
Deleting a Category
Deleting a category will delete all products assigned solely to that category unless you reassign them. There is no way to retrieve deleted products unless you have backed up your store.
Categories can only be deleted from Products › Product Categories.
1. Check the box to the left of the category or subcategory you wish to delete. Deleting a category will automatically delete the subcategories, unless you change their parent category.
2. Click the Trash icon at the top of the menu.
3. If prompted to reassign your products, select the new category and click Continue. Click Delete Selected Categories.
If you are not prompted to reassign your products, click OK to approve the deletion.
Other Category Settings
Additional category settings can be found in Store Setup › Store Settings under the Display tab.
- Products Per Page — How many products appear on each category page
- Product Breadcrumbs — Show the category tree of a particular product; choose between Show all, Don't Show, and Show One
- Category Product List — where products on a category page are fetched from
- Show products from the current category only
- Show products from child categories if the current category is empty
- Show products from the current category and its children
- Default Product Sort — storewide setting for the order in which products are displayed; can adjust individual categories to a different sort if desired
- Newest Items
- Best Selling
- Alphabetical (A-Z)
- Alphabetical (Z-A)
- Average customer review
- Price (Low to High)
- Price (High to Low)
- Category Display Mode — how are the products displayed within the category?
- Show products in a list
- Show products in a grid
- Category Menu Style — how the list of categories should be displayed
- In a fly-out menu (hover drop-down list)
- In a simple
- Menu Display Depth — how many levels deep you want the fly-out to display
- Menu Fade Timeout — after how many seconds should the fly-out menu fade?