Importing Product Images
You can include product images when importing your products in one of two ways, depending on how the images are stored. If your product images are already on the internet and you know the URL, you can import it using the image path in the CSV File. If your products are on your computer, we recommend uploading them through WebDAV instead. Pictures will be copied from these sources into your store's directory.
Using the image path
If your product images are already online, you can specify the full image path in your CSV file. See our guide on importing products for more general information on imports.
1. Locate the column on your CSV for product images. If you don't have one, create a new one. If you are using the Bulk Edit template, this column will be called Product Image File - (#).
Be careful! Leaving the Product Image ID and deleting the Product image file from the CSV will remove the image tied to that product upon import.
2. Enter the full URL (e.g. http://oldstore.com/images/product-image.png) of the image for each product. Non-http URLs are not supported.
3. If using a template other than Bulk Edit, match the Product Image field to the correct column on the Link Import Fields step of the import.
Uploading the images through WebDAV
With the upload method, you will upload images from your computer to your store using WebDAV, then specify the image by file name in the CSV.
1. Connect to your store via WebDAV. See here for step-by-step instructions.
2. Open the product_images folder.
3. Open the import folder. Create one if you do not see one.
4. Drag and drop the images from your computer to the import folder.
5. In your product CSV, locate the column for product images. If you are using the Bulk Edit template, this column is called Product Image File - (#).
6. Enter the file name (e.g. image.png) of the image file.
WebDAV is case-sensitive, so make sure that your file names (including the extension) are identical on the CSV and in the import folder. Characters are restricted to a-z, 0-9, - and _. Any other characters will cause problems on your store.
7. If using a template other than Bulk Edit, match the Product Image field to the correct column on the Link Import Fields step of the import.
To upload more than one image at a time for a product, create a new column with a heading of "Product Image File - #" (increasing the number each time you make a new column). To include any of the other information for that image (e.g. descriptions), make a new column with the appropriate heading and same number as the corresponding image.