Setting Up Email with Microsoft Outlook 2010
This article walks you through setting up a BigCommerce email address in Microsoft Outlook 2010. You'll first need to create an email account, if you haven't already done so.
1. Launch Microsoft Outlook 2010.
2. Click File, then Add Account. If editing an existing account, click Account Settings › Account Settings.
3. Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types, then click Next.
4. Leave Internet E-mail selected and click Next.
5. Enter Your Name as you'd like it to appear in sent messages, and your E-mail Address.
6. Select either POP3 or IMAP for Account Type.
7. To find your Incoming and Outgoing mail server (they are the same), in your BigCommerce control panel, go to Server Settings › Email Accounts. Click the Action button next to your account and select Account Details.
8. User Name is your full email address, and Password is the password you set up when creating the account.
9. Click More Settings.
10. Click the Outgoing Server tab and check the box marked My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Leave Use same settings as my incoming mail server selected.
11. Click the Advanced tab.
a. If you're using a POP3 account:
Beneath Incoming server (POP3), check the box marked This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL). This should update Incoming server (POP3) to 995 (if not, change it).
b. If you're using an IMAP account:
Beneath Incoming server (IMAP), for Use the following type of encrypted connection, select SSL from the dropdown. This should update Incoming server (IMAP) to 993 (if not, change it).
Beneath Outgoing server (SMTP), for Use the following type of encrypted connection, select SSL from the dropdown. Update Outgoing server (SMTP) to 465. Click OK to close the More Settings window.
12. Click Next, and Outlook will test the account. You should see two green checkmarks indicating success with checking the account and sending a test message. Click Close, then Finish.