Setting Up Email with Mozilla Thunderbird
This guide is for stores created prior to March 16, 2015. If your store was created after this date, see Creating and Checking Email Accounts.
This article walks you through setting up a BigCommerce email account in Mozilla Thunderbird. Thunderbird is a free cross-platform email client that also offers news, chat, and calendar capabilities.
Setting up Thunderbird
1. Launch Mozilla Thunderbird.
2. Beneath Create a new account, click Email.
3. Click Skip this and use my existing mail.
4. Enter Your name as you'd like it to appear in sent messages, your Email Address, and the Password you set up when you created the account. Click Continue.
5. Thunderbird will attempt to determine your server's settings automatically. It will fail, then allow you to define the settings manually. Use the following information:
- Incoming — POP3 or IMAP
- Server hostname — See how to find your server information
- Port — 995 (POP3) or 993 (IMAP)
- SSL — SSL/TLS
- Authentication — Normal Password
- Outgoing — Port 465 and the SSL and authentication settings above
- Username — Your full email address
6. When finished, click Re-test, then Done.
Finding Your Mail Server Information
To find your Incoming and Outgoing Server hostname, open your BigCommerce control panel and go to Server Settings › Email Accounts. Click the Action icon next to your account and select Account Details.