How do I make a YouTube video autoplay?
What We'll Cover
You can have your embedded video start playing automatically when a shopper visits that page by adding a simple parameter to your YouTube URL. This can be especially useful for a "how it works" or "about us" page, where a shopper is expecting rich content.
Take careful consideration when deciding to autoplay your videos. Depending on the context, automatically starting a video can annoy your visitor and end up causing more harm than good. Keep in mind your visitors may be shopping discretely—they may be in a quiet coffee shop, a library, or on lunch break at work.
Looking for more information on Youtube's "autoplay" feature? Check out Google's article Autoplay Videos.
Making a YouTube Video Autoplay
1. On YouTube, go to the video you wish to embed.
2. Click Share, then Embed.
3. Choose your settings, then copy the HTML code.
4. In your BigCommerce control panel, open the page, product, or category you'd like to add the video to.
5. In the Page Content or Product Description editor, click the HTML icon in the toolbar.
6. Paste the code, then add ?rel=0&autoplay=1 to the code. See the example below.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="[YouTube Video URL]" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="[YouTube Video URL]?rel=0&autoplay=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
7. Select Update.
8. Save your changes before exiting.