Connecting to WebDAV with CyberDuck
What We'll Cover
What is Cyberduck?
Cyberduck is a free WebDAV software client that allows you to access your store's files remotely. It is available for both Windows and Mac OS X. You will need to install Cyberduck before attempting the login instructions below.
We currently recommend using Cyberduck 4.4.3.
The Cyberduck connection file allows you to download a Duck file to your computer. Clicking on the file will log you into Cyberduck instantly. You can even send the file to a developer or partner to allow them to log in. Follow the steps below to download the Duck file.
Note: You must have already downloaded and installed Cyberduck before following these steps.
1. Go to Settings › Server Settings › File Access (WebDAV).
2. Click Download next to Cyberduck Connection File.
3. A file called [store-url].duck will be downloaded to your computer. Locate and double-click this file to be logged into Cyberduck.
Can't download the file? If you aren't the store owner, you need to have the Manage Settings user permission enabled for your user account under Users.
Connecting with Cyberduck Manually
If you don't wish to download the Cyberduck connection file, you can follow the steps listed below to connect to Cyberduck.
Finding Your Login Credentials
1. In your Bigcommerce control panel, go to Settings › Server Settings › File Access (WebDAV).
2. You will see your WebDAV login information listed under the WebDAV tab.
Connect with Cyberduck
1. Open Cyberduck.
2. Click on Open Connection.
3. Enter the login information from the Bigcommerce control panel into Cyberduck/
- Server - enter the WebDAV Path. The port 443 will fill itself in, and /dav will move to the Path field.
- Username - this is the email address listed under WebDAV username.
- Password - this is the WebDAV Password.
You many need to uncheck the Anonymous Login check box to input your username and password
4. Click Connect. When the login is successful, you will see your store's folders.