Pointing Your Nameservers in GoDaddy
These steps reference a third-party service which our support team cannot access. If you have trouble with any portion of these instructions, please contact GoDaddy at 480-505-8877.
If you purchased your store's domain name from GoDaddy, you'll need to point it to BigCommerce in order to use it with your store. The best way to point your domain to BigCommerce is to update the nameservers in your GoDaddy account to BigCommerce's nameservers. In other words, you will be telling GoDaddy to make BigCommerce the web host and email host for that domain.
Updating your domain's nameservers will point all traffic associated with your domain, including email traffic, to your BigCommerce store. If you would like to point your domain to BigCommerce, but keep your email hosted with GoDaddy, follow the steps in Pointing Your Email to GoDaddy before following the steps below.
Pointing Your Nameservers
1. Log in to your GoDaddy account.
There are currently multiple versions of the GoDaddy interface in production. If your GoDaddy dashboard does not match the steps and/or screenshots listed in this article, try following the steps in Set Custom Nameservers for Domains Registered With GoDaddy, then refer to our list of BigCommerce nameservers.
2. Click Launch to the right of DOMAINS.
3. Check the box to the left of the domain you wish to use for your BigCommerce store.
4. Hover over Nameservers in the main menu, then select Set Nameservers.
5. Select Custom, then click the Enter custom nameservers link.
6. Enter the following in the Nameserver fields. Click Add Nameserver if you need more fields.
7. Click OK, then Save.
Nameserver changes can take up to 72 hours to propagate, so don't worry if it your domain doesn't bring up your store right away.