Display store settings can be accessed in Store Setup › Store Settings, under the Display tab.
Don't see some of the options? In some Stencil themes these settings are handled in the Theme Editor.
- Featured Products — Determines the number of featured products to display on your store's homepage.
- New Products — Determines the number of new products to display on your store's homepage.
- Sale Products — Determines the number of sale products to display on your store's homepage. *Not supported on all themes.
- Recent Blog Posts* — Determines the number of blog posts to display in your store's footer. Not supported on all themes.
- Top Selling Products — Determines the number of top selling products to display on your homepage.
- Products Per Page — Determines the number of products to display on category, brand and search results pages.
- Product Reviews Per Page — Determines the number of reviews to display on each product page before displaying next and previous buttons to browse any additional reviews.
- Cart Quantity Boxes — Determines whether quantity boxes are displayed as a dropdown list or a text box.
- Dropdown List (Default) — Allows customers to choose quantities 1 - 30 from a list
- Text Box — Allows customers to enter any quantity they'd like into an open text field
- 'Add to Cart' Action — Determines what occurs after a customer places an item in their cart.
- Show Confirmation in a Popup Window — Displays the add to cart confirmation message in a popup window without leaving the product page
- Take Them to Their Shopping Cart — Leads client directly to your store's shopping cart page
- Product Breadcrumbs — Determines if and how product breadcrumbs are displayed on product pages.
- Show All — Displays every category the product appears in.
- Show One Only — Displays only the first category the product appears in.
- Don't Show — Disables breadcrumb links from appearing on the product page.
- Show Quantity Box for Products — Determines if a quantity box displays on product pages. If disabled, only 1 product at a time can be added to a customer's cart.
- Enable Tag Clouds? — No longer in use.
- Enable CAPTCHA? — Determines if a CAPTCHA form must be filled out before customers submit contact or review forms.
- Enable Search Suggest? — Determines if spelling suggestions should be made automatically when customers are searching your store.
- Show Thumbnails in Cart? — Determines if product thumbnail images display on the shopping cart page.
- Show Cart Suggestions? — Determines if complementary products are displayed when a customer adds a product to their cart. ‘Add to Cart’ Action must be set to Show Confirmation in a Popup Window. See Showing Cart Suggestions for more information.
- Auto Approve Reviews? — Determines if product reviews are approved and displayed on product pages automatically or if they require review and manual approval first.
- Enable 'Customers Also Viewed?' — Determines if customer viewing patterns should be tracked and used to create lists of related products on each product page. See Related Products Panels to learn more.
- Products Related By Views — Determines the number of products to show on the product page in the 'Customers Also Viewed' section. Set to 0 to track customer viewing patterns, but not show related products.
- Enable Quick Search? — Determines if the storefront search field displays results as customers search.
- Enable Wishlist? — Determines if customers are able to store products in wishlists to be purchased at a later date. Account creation must be enabled for this feature to work.
- Enable Product Comparisons? — Determines if customers are able to select and compare two or more products on a single page.
- Enable Account Creation? — Determines if customers are able to create store accounts which allow them to check out quicker, and access other account-specific features.
- Enable Bulk Discount? — Determines if you are able to create quantity based discounts for individual products.
- Enable Product Tabs? — Determines if product details should be displayed in individual tabs on the product page or in an accordion. Not supported on all themes.
- Use WYSIWYG Editor? — Determines if the WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) Editor is shown when entering content for product descriptions, category descriptions, web pages and other areas of the control panel.
- Show Product Thumbnails? — Determines if thumbnail images are shown on the Products › View Products screen of the control panel.
- Timeout Window — Determines how long a control panel user can be idle before being logged out for inactivity (for security reasons).
- Category Product List — Determines which products display on category pages. The available options are:
- Show products from the current category only
- Show products from child categories if the current category is empty
- Show products from the current category and its children
- Default Product Sort — Determines the default product sort order for all categories.
- Category Display Mode — Determines how products are listed on category pages. The available options are:
- Show products in a grid — products are displayed left to right with multiple products per row (based on theme)
- Show products in a list — products are displayed top to bottom, one product per row, and each listing includes a portion of the product's description
- Category Menu Style — Determines how product category navigation menus should display. The available options are:
- Show categories in a flyout menu
- Show categories in a simple list
- Menu Display Depth — Determines how many levels deep to show categories in the store's navigation.
- Menu Fade Timeout — Determines how long the flyout menu should display after moving your mouse away from it.
- Show Shop by Price menu? — Determines whether or not the Shop by Price menu is displayed on category pages.
- Show Shop by Brand menu? — Determines whether or not the Shop by Brand menu is displayed on category pages.
The Product Settings section determines whether or not certain product attributes are visible to your customers. The available options are:
- Show Product's Price?
- Show Product's SKU?
- Show Product's Weight?
- Show Product's Brand?
- Show Product's Shipping Cost?
- Show Product's Rating?
- Show Add to Cart Link?
- Tag Cloud Font Size — No longer in use.
- Default Pre-Order Message — Determines what message should be shown by default if products are configured to be available for pre-order. To place the product's release date in to the message, use the %%DATE%% placeholder.
The Syndication Settings section determines whether or not certain feeds are available to customers and feed aggregators. The available feeds are:
- New Products Feed
- Popular Products Feed
- Featured Products Feed
- Per Category Feeds
- Product Search Feeds
- Recent Blog Posts Feed
- Enable Syndication Icons? — Determines whether or not RSS icons should display on your storefront.
- Products/Items Per Feed — Determines the number of items of products to include in each RSS feed.
- Cache Files for — The length of time to wait before updating RSS feeds. Set to 0 to disable (not recommended).
For more information see Using Syndication Feeds.
Quick View Settings
While on a category, brand or search results page, the Quick View feature allows customers to see product information in a popup window without having to leave the page they are on.
- Use Quick View? — Determines whether or not a “Quick View” button appears when a customer hovers over a product on a category or search results page.
- Button Color* — Determines the background color of the Quick View button.
- Gradient Color* — Determines what color the background color of the Quick View button should fade to.
- Text Color* — Determines the color of the Quick View button’s text.
- Button Text* — Determines the text that appears on the Quick View button. Default is Quick View.
Some themes have the Quick View button styling declared in their CSS files, and can only be updated via the CSS.