Creating & Editing Banners
Banners allow you to add content to categories or web pages without the need for code. Using the WYSIWYG editor tools, you can add, and format text and images.
To create, edit, or delete existing banners go to Marketing › Banners.
1. Click Create a Banner.
2. Enter a Banner Name. This is for internal purposes only, and will not be visible to your customers.
3. Use the WYSIWYG Editor to add the content for your banner.
4. Select which page the banner should appear on. Banners can only be added to one page at a time.
- Home Page
- For a Specific Category
- For a Specific Brand
- Search Results Page
5. Select a Date Range for the banner to display.
- Always show this banner until I remove it
- Only display this banner between specific dates
6. Select whether or not the banner should be Visible. If you'd like to save the banner as a draft, deselect this option before saving.
7. From the Location drop down, select whether the banner should appear at the Top of [the] page, or Bottom of [the] page.
8. Save your changes.
If multiple banners are added to the same page and location at the same time, then they will load randomly each time a customer visits the page.
Banner Image Sizes
Banner images can be any height you choose — the content below the banner will simply move further down the page to accommodate for taller images. The maximum width of banner images depends on the design theme currently applied to your store. Verify which theme you currently have applied by going to Storefront Design › My Themes, then use the table below to determine the maximum width you can use for your banner images.
Maximum Banner Image Width Per Theme
*This list includes free legacy Blueprint themes only. For recommended banner image sizes for paid themes, please reach out to the theme's developer.
|Theme||Maximum Banner Image Width|
|Bride to Be||980px|
|Fun N Games||980px|
|Health & Beauty||980px|
1. Mark a banner as no longer visible on the storefront by clicking the green checkmark in the Visible column, or edit the banner by clicking Action & Edit or by clicking the Banner Name.
2. Make your desired changes on the Edit a Banner screen, then Save your changes.
Clicking the Banner Location on the Marketing › Banners page will load that page of your storefront so that you can see any banners visible on that page.
1.Click the empty checkbox to the left of the banner or banners you want to delete, then click the Trash Bin icon above the list of banners.
2. On the confirmation pop-up that displays, click the Ok button.