Creating and Editing Banners
Banners allow you to add content to the top or bottom of categories or web pages without the need for code. Banners are a great way to advertise sales, display coupon codes, and to add design elements. A banner can only be applied to one page at a time.
To create, edit, or delete existing banners go to Marketing › Banners.
Want the same banner to show on multiple pages? To have a banner show on mulitple pages, it needs to be duplicated and placed on each individual page. To have something display in all areas of your site, you may want to Ask a Design Partner for solutions.
1. Go to Marketing › Banners and click Create a Banner.
2. Enter a Banner Name. This is for internal purposes only, and will not be visible to your customers.
3. Use the WYSIWYG Editor to add the content for your banner.
4. Select which page the banner should appear on. Banners can only be added to one page at a time.
- Home Page
- For a Specific Category
- For a Specific Brand
- Search Results Page
5. Select a Date Range for the banner to display.
- Always show this banner until I remove it
- Only display this banner between specific dates
6. Select whether or not the banner should be Visible. If you'd like to save the banner as a draft, deselect this option before saving.
7. From the Location drop down, select whether the banner should appear at the Top of [the] page, or Bottom of [the] page.
8. Save your changes.
Have more than one banner on the same page and location? If multiple banners are added to the same page and location at the same time, then they will load randomly each time a customer visits the page.
Banner Image Sizes
The size of images used for banners depends on the theme platform you use. See Which theme platform do I have?
Stencil themes are responsive and will automatically resize images to suit the theme. Images can be any width or height, but it is best to optimize your image size for improving page load speeds.
Blueprint themes can have banners of any height but they have recommended banner image widths. *This list includes free legacy Blueprint themes only. For recommended banner image sizes for paid themes, please reach out to the theme's developer.
|Theme||Maximum Banner Image Width|
|Bride to Be||980px|
|Fun N Games||980px|
|Health & Beauty||980px|
1. Mark a banner as no longer visible on the storefront by clicking the green checkmark in the Visible column, or edit the banner by clicking Action & Edit or by clicking the Banner Name.
2. Make your desired changes on the Edit a Banner screen, then Save your changes.
Clicking the Banner Location on the Marketing › Banners page will load that page of your storefront so that you can see any banners visible on that page.
1.Click the empty checkbox to the left of the banner or banners you want to delete, then click the Trash Bin icon above the list of banners.
2. On the confirmation pop-up that displays, click the Ok button.
- Using the WYSIWYG Editor
- Optimizing Your Images
- Fixing Distorted Images
- Moving Banners to Custom Locations (Blueprint)