Connecting with PayPal powered by Braintree | Manual Setup
What We'll Cover
PayPal powered by Braintree is one of our most popular recommended payment gateways. It utilizes the credit card processing aspect of Braintree, as well as an In-Context Checkout pop-up that lets your customers pay with their Paypal account, and PayPal OneTouch, which means repeat customers won't have to log into PayPal every time they purchase. To learn more, see Connecting with PayPal powered by Braintree.
If your business is in a country supported by Braintree, you can use the following steps to enable PayPal powered by Braintree. The Store Country setting in the Store Profile determines which shipping and payment providers are available for use with your store.
Based in the US? Use the automated setup to create your account. US-based merchants should not create a Braintree account on Braintree's website.
Getting Your PayPal Powered by Braintree Account Details
If you haven't already, create a Braintree account. If you're signing up with your personal account, you will need to contact PayPal to have them upgrade the personal account into a business account. So we recommend using a separate email address if you prefer to keep them separate.
1. In the Braintree Control Panel, go to Account › My User.
2. Under the Authorization section, click API Keys.
3. Copy the following details as they will be needed for enabling PayPal powered by Braintree in BigCommerce:
- Merchant ID
- Public Key
- Private Key
Enabling PayPal powered by Braintree
1. In BigCommerce, go to Store Setup › Payments.
2. You will see a banner for PayPal powered by Braintree. Click Get Started.
3. Paste the Merchant ID, Public Key, and Private Key into their respective fields.
4. Make any additional changes to the settings, then Save.
Did you know? PayPal powered by Braintree also offers advanced functionality like fraud protection. See Enabling 3D Secure on PayPal powered by Braintree.