Connecting with Chase Paymentech
This article guides you through linking your Chase Paymentech merchant account to your BigCommerce store. Currently, the Chase Paymentech payment gateway only works with USD for US-based merchants and CAD for Canada-based merchants.
- Merchants must be using Optimized One Page Checkout.
- Currency defined within the Chase Paymentech merchant account must match your store's default currency. If the currencies do not match, transactions will be rejected.
- Your Chase Merchant ID (MID) must be linked to the BigCommerce Submitter ID (299429). If they are not linked, you will encounter a '412 Precondition Failed' error.
Setting Up Chase Paymentech
If you do not currently have a Chase Paymentech merchant account, you can apply for one. If you already have an account, you can connect to it by following the steps below.
Did you know? Once you have a Chase account and you've been provided your account details, you'll need your account manager at Chase to link your Chase Merchant ID (MID) to the BigCommerce Submitter ID (299429). If your MID is not linked to our Submitter ID before you use the gateway within BigCommerce, you will encounter a '412 Precondition Failed' error.
1. Go to Store Setup › Payments.
2. Click on Online Payment Methods
3. Locate Chase Paymentech and click Set up beside it.
4. You will be taken to the Chase Paymentech Settings tab. Enter the credentials from your Chase Paymentech merchant account into their corresponding fields.
- Merchant ID — merchant ID that was supplied during account creation
- Login — gateway username that was supplied during account creation
- Password — gateway password that was supplied during account creation
Additionally, there are two settings that you can toggle.
- Transaction Type — Authorize & Capture or Authorize Only (see Manually Capturing Transactions for details)
- Test Mode — determines whether your store is in Test Mode. Set to No (Recommended) when you are ready to take payments.
Pricing and Fees
What fees are associated with Chase Paymentech?
Contact Chase to receive a personalized quote.
How do I perform a refund?
Are there any fraud filtering options available?
There are no fraud filtering options. CVV and AVS checks are required on all transactions.
Does Chase Paymentech allow authorize-only payments
Yes. For information on how to capture funds manually in the BigCommerce control panel, see Manually Capturing Transactions.