Connecting to WebDAV
WebDAV is a way to move files between your computer and your store. It allows you to access your store's files from your computer and add, delete, or rename them. It can make some tasks (like adding product images) much faster, and is the only way to complete other tasks (like changing your template images).
WebDAV has a limit of 512 MB per file.
What can I do with WebDAV?
These articles cover a few things that you can do with WebDAV.
- How do I import images when importing products?
- How do I replace images within my template?
- How do I upload changes to my mobile theme?
- How do I delete customers' uploaded files?
- Uploading and Linking to a File in Your Store
- Backing up Your Store
Choosing a WebDAV client
You will need a WebDAV client to connect to your store remotely (i.e. from your computer). We recommend the following programs:
Click the links above to go to directions for connecting with each program.
You may use your preferred WebDAV client, but you will have create the connection manually. Follow the instructions below.
Finding your login informationIf you are not using BitKinex or Cyberduck as a WebDAV client, follow the instructions here to learn how to connect manually.
1. Go to Server Settings › File Access (WebDAV).
2. You will see the following login information:
- WebDAV Path - the path (server) of your store, which will be your store's temporary URL followed by /dav
- WebDAV Server Type - WebDAV (HTTPS/SSL) - the type of server used
- WebDAV Username - this will be the store owner's email address
- WebDAV Password - this will be a long string of random numbers and letters
If you download the connection files for BitKinex or Cyberduck, most of this information is automatically entered. Cyberduck files do not include the password. You can also enter this information manually in BitKinex or Cyberduck.
3. Add the information provided into the appropriate fields in your WebDAV client of choice.
4. If you need to allow another user to access WebDAV, you can do so by adding or editing a user in Account Settings › Users. Scroll down near the bottom then check the box to enable WebDAV.
5. When logging into WebDAV as this user, use the new user's email address for the user name and the password in that user's WebDAV section found in Account Settings › Users. The Path and Server Type will be the same.