Connecting a Payment Gateway
What We'll Cover
When setting up your store to receive payments, you can choose from our payment gateway integrations to accept credit card payments online. You might also want to consider offering offline methods, such as check, bank deposit, or cash on delivery. There is no limit to how many payment methods you can set up, although we recommend not using more than two or three.
Did you know? Not all payment gateways are available to all countries and currencies. For a list of all payment gateways and the countries they support, see Available Payment Gateways.
Adding a Payment Gateway
1. Go to Store Setup › Payments.
2. To view the available payment gateways, click the plus (+) icon next to Other Online Payment Methods.
3. Locate your preferred gateway and click Set up. You will be automatically redirected to that payment gateway's setup page.
4. You will see a list of required credentials. These can be found by logging into or contacting your payment gateway.
Need help? Instructions for locating your payment gateway credentials will be provided to the right of the credentials. If you require assistance in locating these credentials, contact your payment gateway.
5. Once you've entered your credentials and settings, click Save. Your payment gateway is now set up. Try running a test order to get an idea of how this will look to your customers and to make any changes.
Display and Other Settings
Although the setup is slightly different for each payment gateway, most methods will have some of these settings:
- Display Name — how the payment option will appear to your customers at checkout (we recommend "Credit card")
- Duplicate window — the period after which an identical order can come in without being marked as a duplicate and deleting it
- Test mode — allows you to run a transaction without charging your card; we recommend only using Live or Production mode to avoid losing funds on legitimate transactions
The payment gateways will display on your checkout page in alphabetical order, regardless of the Display Name. Some payment gateways, such as PayPal powered by Braintree, PayPal Express Checkout, and PayPal Payments Pro (Payflow Edition), will also show a button on the cart page.
We have guides for setting up our most popular payment gateways. If you you need assistance with a payment gateway not listed here, contact your payment gateway for up-to-date instructions.
- Connecting with PayPal powered by Braintree
- Connecting with PayPal Express
- Setting Up the First Data Payeezy Gateway
- Connecting QuickBooks Payments
Adding an Offline Payment Method
Offline methods do not use a payment gateway or merchant account and therefore do not charge customers at checkout. Orders using offline methods will need to be updated manually once payment has been received. BigCommerce offers the following built-in offline payment methods:
- Receiving Payments via Check
- Receiving Payments via Cash on Delivery
- Receiving Payments via Money Order
- Receiving Payments via Bank Deposit
- Offering In-Store Pickup and Payment
Test Payment Gateway
Before you launch your store, use the BigCommerce Test Payment Gateway to process test orders, both through your checkout and manual orders in your control panel without charging your card. No setup required.
1. Go to Store Setup › Payments.
2. Scroll down, and check the box next to Enable test credit card payments.
To process test orders using the test payment gateway, use card number 4111 1111 1111 1111 and enter any values for name and expiration date.
Don't forget! Be sure to disable the test payment gateway after testing to avoid losing funds on legitimate transactions.