Adding a GeoTrust SSL Seal to Your Store's Footer
The GeoTrust seal is a dynamically generated image that will only appear on stores protected by the GeoTrust SSL. Having a GeoTrust seal will increase your shoppers' level of trust in your store, which can boost your conversion rate.
These instructions cover how to add the GeoTrust seal to your store's footer. They will work for both Stencil and Blueprint themes.
For the seal to display correctly, the store setting should be set to 'www'.
1. In your store's control panel, go to Store Setup › Store Settings.
2. Under the Search Engine Optimization section of the Website tab, locate WWW/No WWW Redirect.
3. Change the setting to Redirect No WWW to WWW.
4. Save your changes.
Locating the Code
2. Select the size of the seal from the drop-down menu. Then enter in your web address including the 'www' (e.g. www.bcustore.com).
3. Click the button to Create Script.
4. Select the script and copy it.
Is the Seal affecting your design? The GeoTrust Seal code uses an HTML table, which can affect design. If you prefer, you can use the old style by copying the legacy code and following the instructions below for your theme.
Adding the GeoTrust Seal
1. In the BigCommerce control panel, go to Storefront Design › Design Options and click on the Scripts tab.
2. Paste the GeoTrust code into the empty field.
3. Save your changes. You can now open your store and see the GeoTrust seal in the footer.
1. In the BigCommerce control panel, go to Storefront Design › Design Options. Click the Edit HTML/CSS button on the Themes page.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the list in the top left called Files used by this template, and click on Footer.html.
3. Where you will place this code may vary from theme to theme.
4. Save your changes. You can now open your store and see the GeoTrust seal in the footer.
Don't see the GeoTrust Seal? The GeoTrust Secured Seal should display within 24 hours of installation and often will display within a couple of hours.