Adding a GeoTrust SSL Seal to Your Store's Footer
The GeoTrust seal is an image that will only appear on stores protected by the GeoTrust SSL. Having a GeoTrust seal will increase your shoppers' level of trust in your store, which can boost your conversion rate.
These instructions cover how to add the GeoTrust seal to your store's footer. They will work for both Stencil and Blueprint themes.
For the seal to display correctly, your store must be using the "common name" on the SSL certificate.
1. In your store's control panel, go to Store Setup › Store Settings.
2. Under the Search Engine Optimization section of the Website tab, locate WWW/No WWW Redirect.
3. Change the setting to Redirect No WWW to WWW.
4. Save your changes.
Locating the Code
1. Go to GeoTrust and click on the installation instructions for your SSL seal.
2. Copy the code the website provides.
Adding the GeoTrust Seal (Stencil Themes)
1. In the BigCommerce control panel, go to Storefront Design › Design Options and click on the Scripts tab.
2. Paste the code into the empty field.
3. Save your changes. You can now open your store and see the GeoTrust seal in the footer.
Adding the GeoTrust Seal (Blueprint Themes)
1. In the BigCommerce control panel, go to Storefront Design › Design Options. Click the Edit HTML/CSS button on the Themes page.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the list in the top left called Files used by this template, and click on Footer.html.
3.Where you will place this code may vary from theme to theme. In this example we will be placing our seal below the newsletter panel.
4. Save your changes. You can now open your store and see the GeoTrust seal in the footer.