Please note that the steps listed below may not work if you have made other customizations to your theme. If you need assistance with the steps in this article, please see our Community Forum.
The default sort order for category and brand pages is by Featured Products, which will sort according to the sort order as specified for the products. However, you can change the default sort order to be any of the following:
1. Click on Design.
2. Click on Edit HTML/CSS.
3. In the list of Other Template Files on the left, locate and click CategorySortBox.html.
Use Ctrl F or Command F to quickly locate template files in the list.
4. Insert name="CategorySortForm" after action="%%GLOBAL_URL%%", as in the screenshot below.
5. Paste the following code at the bottom of the file.
6. Change the number in document.CategorySortForm.sort to the number in the list below that corresponds with your preferred sort order.
|Average Customer Review||5|
|Price (Low to High)||6|
|Price (High to Low)||7|
7. Click Save. Now your categories and brands should sort by your default method. Visit a category on your store, and you should see it load with the new sort order.