Connecting eWAY Rapid Payment Gateway
eWAY Rapid is a payment solution exclusively for businesses located in Australia and New Zealand. It offers advanced fraud protection, integrated refunds and the ability to manually capture funds. eWSY strives to personalize payments by offering support 24/7 from a local, Australian support team.
To use eWAY Rapid your store must meet the following requirements:
- Store is located in Australia or New Zealand
- Store is using Optimized One-Page Checkout
Setting up eWAY Rapid
If you are new to eWAY, follow these instructions to use eWAY with your store. If you are currently using eWay and want to upgrade, see our instructions for upgrading. You will find the eWAY Payment gateway in Store Setup › Payments under the list of online payments.
Click the link Connecting with eWAY Rapid to set up an account. Once you have an account fill out the form below.
Display — control how the payment method appears at checkout. We recommended something like Credit/Debit.
API Key — enter in the API key received from eWAY during account creation
API Password — the password associated with your eWAY account
Transaction Type — can be set to Authorize & Capture or Authorize Only. Authorize Only allows you to capture the funds manually. See Manually Capturing Transactions (Authorize Only) to learn more.
Test Mode — set this to Yes to test checkout flow. Make sure this is set to No when your store goes live.
Upgrading to eWAY Rapid
For merchants currently using the eWAY Australia (Hosted) or eWAY New Zealand (Hosted) payment gateways, to upgrade to the new eWAY payment gateway may require some extra steps. In order to configure eWAY Rapid, you will need to retrieve your API Key and API Password from the MYeWAY Dashboard. After logging in, go to My Account > API Key.
It's recommended to set your store as Down for Maintenance. When updating a live store's payment gateway, having your store in maintenance mode while completing the upgrade will prevent issues with in-coming orders. The upgrade should not take more than a few minutes.
Set up the eWAY Rapid payment using the API Key and Password retrieved from your current eWay account. Once enabled, the eWAY Australia (Hosted) payment gateway will be automatically disabled and inaccessible.
eWAY New Zealand
Disable the eWAY New Zealand (Hosted) payment gateway in BigCommerce before setting up eWay with your existing eWay API Key and Password.
Pricing and FeesWhat fees are associated with the gateway?
Account EligibilityWhat currencies and countries does the payment gateway support?
- By default payments will be processed in your local currency that your business is registered in. For example, if you’re an Australian business, then payment will default to AUD.
TransactionsHow long until a transactions funds are transferred to my bank?
- Depending on the set up, payments will settle in 1-3 days.
- Yes, eWAY sends both the customers and merchants an email with their transaction details in real-time. Further, merchants can add offers, discounts or other advertisements to help promote their business, and create repeat business.
RefundsHow soon after a transaction can I perform a refund?
- Merchants can process a refund straight away as long as the payment is successful.
- Only if the customers card has expired.
- Refunds — in most cases there is no additional fee for processing refunds. However, if you use our Gateway Only method, then you may incur a small transaction fee.
Additional FeaturesAre there any fraud filtering options available?
- Within the eWAY Dashboard, you can configure how to handle suspicious transactions. Below are the 3 options available to you and how they will be handled within the BigCommerce platform:
- Approve — transactions have been approved by eWAY and reflect as Approved in BigCommerce
- Deny — suspicious transactions have been declined by eWAY and will prevent the order from being placed
- Challenge — based on the fraud action determined by eWAY, the suspicious transaction will be approved, denied, or require additional review. If the transaction requires additional review, it will show in BigCommerce as Pending Manual Review. You will not be able to take action on the transaction in BigCommerce until you manually review the transaction in your MYeWAY Dashboard. Once you approve the transaction, you will be able to capture the funds in BigCommerce and continue processing the order. If you deny the transaction, you will then need to update the status of the transaction in BigCommerce manually to Declined.
- Authorizations — Yes, Authorize, Capture and Void options are supported.
- Recurring/Subscriptions — At this time, recurring and subscription payments are not supported through BigCommerce.
Troubleshooting and Payment DisputesHow are payment disputes handled?
- Should a dispute arise, you will receive notification from eWAY to either advise of a chargeback notification or a request for information to be provided. If a chargeback is successful, funds will be debited from your account and a chargeback fee applied.
- You can reach our Easy, Helpful, Human support team anytime by;
- Phone — 1800 24 55 70 or +61 2 6175 3000
- Email — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live Chat — www.eway.com.au then use the “Chat with eWAY” option in the bottom left corner.