Working with Customer Accounts
By creating an account, your customers are able to check out more quickly and gain access to additional storefront features, like:
- Order Messages
- Viewing their Order Status
- Viewing Completed Orders
- Return Requests
- Address Book
- Account Details
- Recent Items
- Store Credit
You can require your customers to create an account to checkout by disabling Guest Checkout in your store's Checkout Settings.
Enabling/Disabling Account Creation
1. Go to Store Setup › Store Settings, then click the Display tab.
2. Scroll to the Display Settings section, then check or uncheck the Enable Account Creation? option.
3. Save your changes.
To allow account creation but turn off automatic account creation for customers who check out as guests, go to Advanced Settings › Checkout and uncheck Create an account for customers who use guest checkout.
Creating a Customer Account
1. On your storefront, click Create an account. By default, all BigCommerce themes include this link at the top of the page.
2. Fill out the Personal Details and Shipping Details forms. All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
3. Click Create My Account. You will then be taken to the My Account page.
Signing in to a Customer Account
1. On your storefront, click Sign In. All BigCommerce themes include this link at the top of the page.
2. Enter the email address and password for your account, then click Sign In.
You can sign in to a customer account from your control panel by going to Customers › View, then clicking Action › Login in the right column of the customer list.