What We'll Cover
The Featured Products panel displays products that you have marked as Featured. It's a great way to bring your customers' attention to products that are on sale, in-season, back in stock, or just worthy of extra attention. The featured products offers more flexibility than other product panels by allowing you to select which products to display.
You can also choose how many featured products you want to display at a time; the featured products panel will shuffle which products are actually displayed. Note: there is not a way to display products in a static order.
Selecting Featured Products
1. Go to Products › View. At the top of the list of products, there is a Featured column left of the Action column with white stars under it.
2. To feature a product, click the star to its right. When the star is filled in, it has been marked as Featured.
Click it again to take off the Featured status.
Number of Featured Products to Display
The number of featured products shown in the featured products panel is controlled differently depending on which theme platform you're using (Stencil or Blueprint).
In Stencil themes, the number of featured products is controlled by the Stencil Theme Editor.
1. Go to Storefront Design › My Themes, then click Customize.
2. On the left, scroll down and click the Products section to expand it. Under Number of Featured Products, set the number of featured products you want to show on the home page.
3. Click Save Changes when you're done.
In Blueprint themes, the number of featured products is controlled in your store's Display Settings.
1. Go to Store Setup › Store Settings, then click on the Display tab.
2. Change the number next to Featured Products. If this number is lower than the number of products you have featured, the products displayed will change whenever the page is refreshed.
3. Save your changes.
Referencing the Object/Panel in Theme Files
See our Stencil documentation for detailed information on how the featured products object is referenced in Stencil themes.
The featured products panel is called HomeFeaturedProducts.html. It can be found in the Panels folder of the template files. To reference the panel in an HTML document, insert %%Panel.HomeFeaturedProducts%%. This panel was designed to appear on the home page of a store; you will have to customize it for any other usage.
See our Blueprint documentation for more information on how the featured products panel is referenced in Blueprint themes.