What We'll Cover
Website store settings can be accessed in Store Setup › Store Settings, under the Website tab.
- Down for Maintenance — Determines whether your store is publicly accessible on the internet (Open) or displays a “maintenance” message (Down for Maintenance). If toggled to Down for Maintenance, a message field will display, allowing you to customize the text that displays on the maintenance page. For more information see Maintenance Mode.
Physical Dimension Settings
- Weight Measurements — Determines the weight measurement used when calculating the weight of physical products in your store. Available options are Pounds, Ounces, Kilograms, Grams, and Tonnes.
- Length Measurements — Determines the length measurement used when calculating the dimensions of physical products in your store. Available options are Inches or Centimeters.
- Decimal Token — Determines the token or character to use as the decimal separator for your product’s prices.
- Thousands Token — Determines the token or character to use as the thousands separator for your product’s prices.
- Decimal Places — Determines the number of decimal prices to display your product prices to.
- Factoring Dimension — Determines the dimension that will be added up per product when generating shipping quotes. If Product Depth is selected, then shipping quotes would be based on these dimensions:
- Width = Maximum width out of all products in the order
- Height = Maximum height out of all products in the order
- Depth = The sum of all depths of the products in the order when added together
How does Factoring Dimension affect how shipments are calculated? See Understanding the Shipping Calculator for more information.
Search Engine Optimization
- Home Page Title — The page title for the home page of your store. If left blank, the store name which is set in Store Setup › Store Profile, will be used.
- Meta Keywords — Keywords that describe the content on your home page. (This field is strictly optional - keywords have been deprecated by all major search engines including Google, Yahoo, and Bing.)
- Meta Description — A brief description of your store and home page.
- WWW/No WWW Redirect — Determines whether or not your store’s URL will begin with www. If set to Redirect no WWW to WWW, when a customer goes to your site by typing yourdomain.com (no www) the www. will automatically be added to your store’s URL when the page loads.
- Site-wide HTTPS — Determines whether or not all pages of your store should be encrypted (served over HTTPS).
Search Engine Robots
The Search Engine Robots fields allow you to control which pages you would like to prevent search engines from indexing. We do not recommend changing your Robots or Robots SSL text files unless you know exactly what you are doing. See Robots.txt File for more information.