Confirming Your Store with Pinterest
Confirming ownership of your site enables your Pinterest profile picture to be included in any pin that comes from your site. It also gives you access to Pinterest Analytics, which tracks and reports visitor interactions with your Pins.
Before you begin... Automatic site confirmation with Pinterest does not always work. If you receive an error when trying to confirm your account, contact Pinterest with your store's URL, and they can manually confirm your site.
1. Log into your Pinterest account.
2. Click the profile icon in the top right.
3. Click the settings icon.
4. Scroll down to Profile, enter your store's URL in Website, then click Confirm website.
5. Copy the meta tag. Leave this tab open (you'll come back later to confirm) and open your BigCommerce control panel in a new tab.
6. In your BigCommerce control panel, go to Advanced Settings › Web Analytics.
7. If it is not enabled, check the box next to Google Analytics and click Save. If it is enabled, move to the next step.
8. Click the Google Analytics tab at the top of the screen.
9. Paste the meta tag you copied earlier into the Tracking Code box. If you have any other scripts (like Google Analytics), be sure to paste your tag above or below the other existing tags. You can drag the corner of the Tracking Code box to make it bigger and easier to see.
10. Save your changes.
11. Return to the tab with your Pinterest profile, and click Finish. Pinterest will confirm it has verified your site. If you receive the message "API Method not found." or "Looks like we had trouble connecting to your website. Please try again later.", try contacting Pinterest support.