Using the BigCommerce Mobile Theme (Blueprint)
Responsive vs. Mobile Themes
Many of our legacy Blueprint design themes are responsive, meaning they will automatically resize your store to fit any screen, from desktops to laptops to tablets and phones. If you are using a responsive theme, we recommended that you leave the mobile theme disabled.
To see if your current theme is responsive:
1. Go to Storefront Design › Design Options.
2. Hover over your current theme's thumbnail image, then click the information ("i") icon.
3. Check the info and details sections of the popup; if the theme is responsive, it will be listed as such in one of these two sections.
If your theme is not responsive, we highly recommend enabling the mobile theme by following the steps below.
Enabling the Mobile Theme
1. Go to Storefront Design › Design Options, then click the Mobile tab.
2. Check the box marked Yes, enable the mobile theme.
3. Save your changes.
Once checked, the following options will appear:
- Download Mobile Theme — Downloads your mobile theme's template files so that you can customize and reupload them.
- Enable on These Devices — Allows you to select which types of mobile devices your mobile theme should be used for.
- Mobile — Displays the mobile theme when customers are shopping from an Apple iPhone/iPod Touch, Android Phone, or Windows 8 Phone.
- Tablet — Displays the mobile theme when customers are shopping from an Applie iPad, Android Tablet, or Windows 8/RT Tablet.
- *Other mobile and tablet devices may display the mobile theme when the appropriate setting above is enabled, but are not guaranteed to.
- Mobile Theme Logo — Click Choose File to upload a mobile-specific version of your logo to be used when customers are shopping from mobile devices.