Using a Logo Image
Many brands use imagery as part of their branding and incorporate it into their logo. By default, the store uses plain text and your store's name as the logo. BigCommerce allows you to upload your own logo image to display on the top on all pages of the store. It serves not only as branding for your site, but links back to your home page. To upload a logo image for your BigCommerce store, follow the steps below.
Uploading an Image LogoThe logo upload area can be found under Storefront Design › Design Options. Before uploading an image to use as a logo, consider the following requirements.
Logo image requirements
- There is no standard size for the logo, but we recommend it be no larger than 250 x 100 pixels, unless you want it to take up more space on the page. If you need to resize your logo image, you can do so before uploading with an image editing program installed on your computer, such as Adobe Photoshop or an online image editing service like Pixlr.
- The image filetype must be JPG, GIF, or PNG. Animated GIFs will not animate on the storefront.
- The image can have transparent area or areas with alpha set to 0.
1. Go to Storefront Design › Design Options, then click the Logo tab.
2. Select Upload a logo image from my computer.
3. Click Browse (or Choose File) and select the image from your computer.
4. Click Upload Logo Image.
Using a legacy Blueprint Mobile Theme? If you are using the BigCommerce Mobile Theme, you will need to upload a logo for it if you want to display an image logo on mobile. See Using the BigCommerce Mobile Theme (Blueprint) for more details. You do not need to upload an additional logo if you are using a responsive theme.
Removing an Image Logo
To remove a custom logo from your storefront, go to Storefront Design › Design Options, then click the Logo tab. In the Logo Settings section at the top of the screen, click Show text where my logo will be displayed, and save your changes.
- Resizing Your Logo
- Fixing Distorted Images
- Optimizing Your Images
- Using the BigCommerce Mobile Theme (Blueprint)